Co-Founder at Sqrrl Fintech
Views:341 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Sqrrl Fintech - Backend Engineer - Python/Django (2-5 yrs)
IMP : Please apply only if you have 2-5 years of experience and have delivered scalable software using Python.
Sqrrl Fintech is looking for a competent, motivated backend engineer to join its team in Gurgaon, Haryana
Sqrrl is India's most beginner friendly savings and investments app, available in 9 Indian languages, currently allowing young investors to start investing in Mutual Funds.
Here are the key requirements for this position :
- Strong Python skills, with experience of at least one web framework (e.g. Flask/Django)
- A native Python 3 developer.
- Experience of using an RDBMS (e.g, Postgres) and some ORM (e.g, Sqlalchemy) for interacting with the database
- Strong web development concepts including RESTful API patterns, 2-factor apps
- Familiar with the tools and processes of shipping production-ready code in teams virtualenv, source control (git), automated testing and deployment, code reviews etc.
- Comfortable in libraries/tools commonly used in python web development requests, redis, celery.
- Stomach for an early-stage startup high speed iterations, small teams, ownership of flows, fluid product roadmaps.
- While we do not encourage 16-hour shifts or night-outs like a lot of startups, sometimes we need to urgently get things done, and may not pat you on the back for it.
- Overall anything between 2-5 years of actual work experience.
- Optimising learning over earning (if you like to switch for pay hikes frequently, please do not apply)
Here are some bonus (optional) requirements :
- Interest and/or understanding of basic investment concepts, how financial products work.
- Belonging to an under-represented group (e.g, women)
- Can mentor juniors/interns to improve overall skill-sets in the team.
- Experience in cross-functional roles like adding technology to automate operations or help marketing teams.
- About Sqrrl Fintech :
- Sqrrl Fintech is an early stage startup, started in 2016 for making simple, smart investing available to young Indians.
- The core technical team is five people strong working across Android, iOS, web and backend each with an experience ranging from 0 - 12 years
Note : Immediate Joinees required