hr executive at raisin group
Views:430 Applications:26 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
SQL Server & PostgreSQL DBA Expert - Production Support (3-6 yrs)
The SQL Server & Postgre SQL DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams.
The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively in multiple products.
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- 4+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and higher & Postgre SQL
- 2+ implementing and managing multi-node clusters
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL, Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Always On Availability, SQLReplication, Azure cloud, and Microsoft Clustering
- Working knowledge of SQL 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016 & Postgre SQL
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations maintenance plans to perform index de-fragmentation, re-indexing and update the index statistics.
- Resolving Space management issues like Database and log file space issues.
- Database consistency check using DBCC utilities.
- Troubleshooting transaction logs and Tempdb when full
- Experience in using DMV and dynamic management functions for finding out long running queries.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like snapshot replication and Transactional replication.
- Experience in supporting and managing multiple Production, Staging, Development instances
- Experience in Database shrinking and analyse growth patterns in detail.
- Should have knowledge of Database Archiving and Table Partitioning.
- Configure SMS and mail alerts in SQL Server for Jobs and schedules.