Talent acquisition Executive at Matrix management services
Views:347 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
SQL Server Architect - Performance Tuning (5-12 yrs)
SQL Server Architect
This role requires hands on experience developing high performance, highly scalable SQL Server operational databases supporting web applications. The suitable candidate should feel at ease refactoring tables and code, with a proven track record of increasing the volume of transactions and scaling web site performance. This is a great opportunity to architect the next step in database design for an already successful product as it increases its global reach. Looking for someone with great ideas and the ability to implement them!
Our development team works in an open, agile environment that values innovation and a startup attitude, while enjoying the stability of being part of a leading travel industry company
- Identify and implement performance and scale improvements in our SQL Server databases
- Create and/or redesign schema objects such as tables, stored procedures, triggers, and indexes to remove performance bottlenecks
- Ability to build logical and physical data models meeting business requirements
- Ensure databases are running at peak efficiency by working with DBA's and other team members
- Independently discover and barriers to database performance and correct them
- Perform database code review with C# developers to ensure functional correctness and performance
- Assist technical documentation team with the preparation of required materials
- Actively participate in team agile activities including stand-ups, planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Knowledge of security best practices and oversight of secure database coding
- Maintain SQL Coding standards
Duration : Full time
Permanent Hire :
- 5+ years SQL Server database development experience, with at least 3 years performance tuning and database architecture experience
- Online Transaction Processing schema design and optimization, including table partitioning/normalization/denormalization
- Proficiency in modeling data with design tools such as erWin, ER/Studio, etc.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server performance tuning tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced techniques of stored procedure, trigger, and index performance tuning
- Experience scaling SQL Server systems up and out
- SQL Server 2008 R2 (our current state)/SQL Server 2016 (we are migrating to this), but SQL Server 2012, 2014, or 2017 experience is also useful if it includes the technologies above.
Desirable experience includes :
- Building database deployments in Visual Studio
- SQL Server Data Encryption
- Experience in PCI, GDPR, ISO, or other security compliance
- C# and MVC exposure
- SSIS or other ETL experience
- SQL Server 2016+ development
- Atlassian suite products such as Jira and Confluence