AM- Talent Acquisition at Splash Math
Views:22 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Splash Math - Software Developer - Ruby on Rails/REST API (1-3 yrs)
About Us :
- At Splash Math, our vision is to transform K-12 learning by making it fun and personalised for every child globally and to prepare them for the skills required in 21st-century. Our flagship product Splash Math is making learning math fun and engaging for K-5 kids. With more than 30M+ students onboard, it is the fastest growing elementary math program in the United States. Splash Math has won almost all Ed-tech awards ranging from Stevie Award for best Ed-tech product, Tabby award for best business, Parents Choice Award, Best App Ever Award, and many others. We believe, this is just the beginning.
What you'll do: Core Responsibility :
We are looking for coders to join our team. If you know Ruby on Rails, if you like solving problems of all kinds and if you like to obsess over design and code quality then we must work together!
Tech Requirements :
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering from a reputed institution
- At least 1-2 years relevant work
- Expertise in Ruby, Rails 3, REST API, Ruby, MySQL
- At least a working knowledge of caching mechanisms using Redis, Memcached
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles, MVC architecture and expertise in writing modular applications
- Good knowledge of Unix based systems
- A deep overall understanding of how a web-based application and its various components work
- Involvement in and contributions to the Rails community and/or open source projects
- Perseverance and drive to solve problems and get things done, however challenging it may be
We Have :
- Products that have reached over 15 million students, over 50000 schools worldwide
- A small but a very strong tech team that has built and continues to build our applications
- An environment that and offers freedom and scope for personal growth
- Opportunities for you to get exposed to, learn and impact the full application stack
- A chance to broaden your horizons by regularly collaborating with teams that work on other technologies and platforms
- A lot of challenging problems that needs solving
- A chance to work with a diverse set of individuals who love doing what they do!
Culture at Splash Math :
- At Splash Math we dig individuality. We love people who have something to say, and we listen. With us, you will get a chance to weave a little bit of you in our suite of learning products that are being used by millions of users. We have a workplace that is perennially high on energy.
- You can find people deeply engrossed in conversations that range from the latest movie to the newest tech on the block, and you will also see people who don- t want to have anything to do with that and are quietly typing away on their machines.
For more information about the company, please visit www.splashmath.com