HR Head at Sourcebits
Views:159 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Sourcebits - Senior Software Developer - Android Application Development (3-10 yrs)
About Sourcebits Technologies :
Since 2006, Sourcebits has been creating amazing apps for some of the world's most innovative brands. Our 150+ team members include industry experts in UI/UX design, mobile app and web development, cloud computing and marketing strategy.
An Apple Design Award Winner heads our Innovation team. Our work has been called "achingly beautiful" by one of the world's largest tech publications, and millions of people have downloaded and loved the apps we've created.
We are looking for Senior Android Developers who possesses a passion in app development and will work with our team of talented engineers.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality codeDesign, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java codeEnsure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability using JUnit, Mocikto or Espress
Required Skills and Experience :
- 3+ year of proven software development experience and Android applications development
- Experienced in publishing / releasing Android Apps to Play Store
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android ( from Gingerbread to Oreo), and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experienced in Client server programming (RESTful APIs) to connect Android applications to backend services
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in Android Studio IDE and tools like Android Device Monitor, Logcat
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experienced with various mobile services and components such as Custom UI, Graphs, Maps, GPS, Messaging, Streaming, etc.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Proficient in using code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN
- Strong CS fundamentals and a good working knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong on OOPS and Java concepts
- Proficient in integration of third party libraries OkHttp, Retrofit, ButterKnife, Image caching libraries
- Working knowledge of RxJava, RxAndroid
- Expert in debugging, troubleshooting, memory optimization, performance and scalability of mobile app.
- Perform performance optimization, Apk size and battery optimization
- Perform code-review and help the team in timely releases
- Working knowledge with Continuous integration / Continuous Development
- Working experience in application security
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Working experience in Google Firebase suite
- Optimizations data usage over a mobile network
- Open source contributions
- Experience in OpenGL or NDK and high-performance graphics code
- Understand business architecture & collaborate with peer developers
If interested, kindly apply.