Principal Consultant at Symmetrical Global Search Pvt Ltd
Views:665 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Solution Architect/Designer - IT Strategy/BSS (7-12 yrs)
Job description :
Responsible for creating Information and Systems (IT) solutions to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures
- Working with the relevant Project Manager, Lead Solutions Designer, or Technology Partner
- Responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution
- Support the development of systems strategy and plan for the supported business area
- Provide functional & technical direction to the developer colleagues to implement secured software solutions, both for backend and frontend using modern languages and technologies.
- Work closely with colleagues to rapidly iterate requirements producing production strength scalable and resilient software which will be used by millions of customers
- Provide ad-hoc consultancy as required to the business on technical matters
What will you be doing :
- Solutions Development
- Responsible for creating technology solutions, and stage 0 costs, to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures. Work with supply chain (including external) as appropriate.
- Adding clarity to business requirements; challenges business requirements and demands to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
- Identifying common or duplicative needs across SBU.
- Thinks outside of the box to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives rather than just responding to a pre-defined request,
- Works with project managers and take accountability to design an innovative solution, which meets the customer requirement with least cost and complexity.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that solutions adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies.
- Working with the relevant project manager and Lead Solutions Architect, responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution specified. This will be achieved by reviewing project design artefacts (e.g. Stage 1) and the impact of significant change requests.
- Able to rationalise between different solution options and define pros and cons based on a driving forces from a commercial, operational and technology viewpoint.
Advice and Guidance :
- The designed solution should adhere to Telecom frameworks like ETOM, TAM and ITIL.
- TOGAF principals should be applied to achieve an industry accepted common solution.
- Actively contributes to the development and promotion of the company.
Strategy Development :
- Working with the relevant Lead Solutions Designer and CTO, supports the creation of an appropriate IT Strategy for the relevant business area.
- Supports the Systems Planning process to ensure interdependencies are understood and that the proposed plan is viable.
- Influence the relevant business strategy to maximize the effective use of technology.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant technical specialism(s) at the highest level, by reading relevant literature, attending conferences and seminars, meeting and maintaining contact with other leading practitioners of the technical specialism and though playing a major role in appropriate learned, professional and trade bodies. Build relationship with manufacturers, supply channels and SI partners.
- Also maintains knowledge of wider industry regulations, standards and trends.
- Keeps in close touch with, and contributes to current developments in the relevant technical specialism(s) within Technology, own industry and outside. Understanding of best practice
- Where appropriate to role, is a recognized authority in the technical specialism.
- Promote and drive innovation by actively advocating new tools, processes and technical developments to drive continuous development, you should be up to date with current industry approaches and strategies.
- Provide Technical leadership across technology choices and best practices.
- Support development of components from UI to back end using modern languages and techniques.
- Support creation and maintenance of deployment tooling and automation to support the CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices.
- Embrace agile methodologies
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Passionate about customer focus, with the understanding of business impact to drive system improvements.
What we are looking for :
- Able to create fit for purpose technology solutions which address the combined challenges of: meeting business need, deliverable within reasonable constraints, correspond to organisational strategic guidance
- A very good broad understanding of a wide variety of technologies like JAVA, PLSQL, ETL, BIG DATA, including emerging technologies. (e.g. AWS, Java, Adaptive and Responsive design, etc.)
- Understanding of different data solutions and data architecture best practices.
- Experience and good architecture understanding of of RESTful and SOAP Web Services.
- You have working Knowledge EAI patterns.
- Able to challenge stakeholders creatively and professionally to create solutions which meet all of the above criteria but are not necessarily obvious responses to pre-defined requests.
Skills that will help you in the role :
- Familiar with integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications.
- Excellent understanding of best practice architectural and design methods with proven innovative and leading edge thinking (e.g. Domain Driven Architecture, event based architecture, building for resilience, scalability, performance, Microservice design patterns etc.)
- Project Delivery - Understands different project methodologies, project lifecycles, major phases, dependencies and milestones within a project, and the required documentation needs.
- Vendor Evaluation ? Ability to understand how and where third part products could be deployed.
- Good knowledge of vendor evaluation and selection best practice.
- L2C, O2C, T2R - Good understanding of OSS BSS Concepts.
- Good understanding of FMS, PMS and ticketing systems.
- Good understanding on working of cloud ordering platforms like SFDC.