Software Engineer - React.js/jQuery (1-3 yrs)
About the Startup :
- Here you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. You will be exposed to the latest developments in the payments industry and have the chance to learn about new and emerging trends in financial technology.
- Most of what you'll do day-to-day will involve working with our designers to create amazing and intuitive payments experiences on the web. We use a combination of Rails, jQuery architecture and having lots of fun with it.
- You'll create flexible, reusable UI and app abstractions that let us build new features quickly and easily. We aim to write code that computes efficiently.
- Build and maintain new user-facing features or overhaul existing ones.
- Research, guide and execute broad frontend architecture changes.
- Work with complex and varied data structures.
- Work with a codebase that is highly fault tolerant.
- Work and ship product independently.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or via our weekly sharing sessions.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
- Help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Be part of the company's roadmap. You will learn how a startup works and how to make product decisions that is aligned with the business goals.
- 1 - 3 years of engineering experience.
- BS/MS Degree in any relevant major. (ex: IT, Computer Science, etc) OR Significant opensource project contribution with adequate computer science fundamentals studies from online courses.
- Proficiency with any programming languages/framework (ex: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, React.js, etc).
- An understanding of complex algorithms and data structures, as well as a passion for intellectual challenges.
- Experience with the database management tool, mySQL.