Research Associate at Green Tree Advisory Services
Views:698 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Software Engineer - Rail Control Solutions - Embeddeb/Linux/C++ (3-7 yrs)
As Software Engineer, the ideal candidate will develop Onboard application software for the European Train Control System (ETCS) primarily for the Automatic Train Protection Control Unit (ATPCU). Onboard SW is expected to fulfil high Reliability, Availability, Maintainability & Safety (RAMS) requirements for automatic train protection &operation.
ATPCU is heart of ETCS Onboard equipment deployed in the train to ensure safe operation by monitoring train's speed & target points based on information received from the train & trackside systems over GSM-R. ATPCU is developed with the highest safety standards specified for ERTMS & ETCS systems by the norm EN50128 Safety Integrity Level 4 software development process.
Development Center Delhi (DCD) will be one of RCS's Onboard competence center complimenting Stockholm & Mannheim where teams of System Engineers, Software Engineers, Vehicle Engineers, Testers & Project Management Professionals strive towards delivering world class solutions to mainline projects & high speed trains around the globe.
Way of Working
In a matrix organization which is project driven, Engineering & Product development (EAPD) department is responsible for developing Generic Products & Applications which is configured for individual customer needs. Each project is managed by a project Manager who is supported by the Line Management providing resources with the required skill set.
As in a typical V-model, products are developed in iterations of Requirement Engineering, Architecture & Design, Implementation, Test, Integration, Verification& Validation. Checkpoints at entry & exit of every phase ensure that the highest quality is maintained.During execution phase, project scope is divided into increments called Work packages that can be developed in parallel but integrated sequentially. Work package comprises of multi disciplinary resources spread across sites complementing each other with their expertise, skills & experience
Frozen requirements are assigned to WP's for implementation. Developers implement the functionality which is tested at module level & subsystem level. Subsystems are integrated in sophisticated lab environment and subjected to rigorous System test with real data from the field.
Finally, the Onboard System is deployed on train & field test performed. Detailed documentation of each of the phases & tasks is made available to independent Validators for assessment & approval by the relevant Railway authorities. Non conformities found in each phase is analysed & fixed.
SIL4 SW development process requires that every step in the software development process is traceable, reviewed, verified & tested with the help of modern tools such as --
- DOORS for Requirement management
- Enterprise Architectf or modelling& design
- CM Synergyfor Source Code Management
- Change Synergyfor Change management
- Visual Studio & Eclipse as Integrated development Environment
- Proprietary tools & applications for Subsystem & System test
- Design software modules for SIL4 software applications
- Implement software for SIL4 SW application
- Create & perform SW Module test.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other equivalent Engineering discipline
- At least 3 years experience in Embedded software development for safety criticial application
- Good knowledge of Operating System - Linux or FreeBSD
- Excellent programming skills in Object Oriented programming language C++
- Solid understanding of packet based communication technologies & Bus systems
- Knowledge of UML tools, VectorCAST, CM Synergy, TelelogicDOORS desired
- Good communication skills in English
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.