Software Engineer/Lead Engineer/Engineering Manager - Big Data (4-12 yrs)
About us: Launched in February 2010, Snapdeal.com is India"s largest e-commerce marketplace. Snapdeal provides a platform for vendors across the country to connect with millions of customers
The platform has the widest assortment of products from thousands of national, international and regional brands across diverse categories like Mobiles, Electronics, Fashion accessories, Apparel and Footwear, Automotive, Kids, Health, Home and Kitchen, Sports & Books. Snapdeal.com has a network of more than 50000 Merchants/Brands, and has over 20 million members (which is 1 out of every 6 internet users in the country) and caters to the shopping needs of customers across 4000+ towns and cities.
If you would like to know more about the company and the team, log on to www.snapdeal.com.
Engineering@Snapdeal: The Engineering team is young, talented, creative and supercharged. We are dedicated to the mission of building the most technologically advanced e-commerce platform in India. We seek individuals who are smart, innovative, have the passion to learn and are fun to work with, to join our team. At Snapdeal you would get to work on latest cutting edge technology and build a state of art e-commerce platform from scratch.
Position: Senior Software Engineer / Lead Software Engineer/ Engineering Manager- Big data
At Snapdeal, we are looking for talented and self driven Software Engineers to join our team. The ideal candidate is self motivated and detail oriented with experience working in a fast-pace software development environment. As a Software Engineer, you will be playing a central role in the design, development and delivery of the our e-commerce platform.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment.
- Should be results oriented, proactive and showing overall leadership quality.
- Design and build extremely reliable, scalable and high performing enterprise systems in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
- Write quality code in an object oriented language like Java.
Bachelor / Master"s degree in CS/ME/IT/related technology (IIT"s, REC"s, BITS, etc preferred)
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- Java web development experience on large scale, high-volume sites or web applications.
- Good knowledge of Core Java concepts.
- Proficient in hadoop map/reduce, pig, hive, column-oriented databases.
- Should have have at least 2 years of experience working dedicated to Big data Technologies
Location: New Delhi
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.