Founder & Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:363 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Software Engineer - Java/Python/MapReduce/Hadoop (5-8 yrs)
Job Description :
We are a Global Banking services company and one of the largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
We're widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Develops and tests software, including ongoing refactoring of code, and drives continuous improvement in code structure and quality
- Primary focus is spent writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools. Applies visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts.
- Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving user story analysis and elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing and builds automation tools.
- Works on a specific platform/product or as part of a dynamic resource pool assigned to projects based on demand and business priority.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies & build reusable components.
- Ensures timely & effective communication with the reporting manager.
This high energy Engineer must have :
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Experience collaborating with the business to drive requirements/Agile story analysis.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
Required Skills :
- Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python (Preferred) or C / Java.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters will be a plus.
- Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
Bonus skills :
- Object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages : Java, J2EE, Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro, etc.) and other AJAX tools/Framework.
- Database query optimization and indexing. Parallel and distributed system.
- Machine learning/data mining. Web services design and implementation using REST / SOAP.
- Bug-tracking, source control, and build systems.