Software Engineer - Java/J2EE (3-12 yrs)
Job Type : Full time, Permanent
Through its Client Services division, we offer 24-hour weekday customer service via regional centers located through-out America, Europe and Asia. Our Client Services Development Group's responsibility is to develop and improve our brokerage-customer interaction applications, middle-tier servers, and related internal web and non-web applications.
Our software will enable our customers and customer service departments to interact efficiently. With the changing face of the Trading World (both in terms of rules, regulations, new products and markets) we need to make sure that we as a Broker are able to provide our customers with the most up to date information that may affect their Portfolios and trading strategies. The changing environment also requires us to build tools that will help our Customer Service departments to act efficiently to protect both the interest of our customers and ourselves as a Broker.
- This position will be critical to the growth of our brokerage customer relationship business model. It is also an opportunity to develop a broad understanding of brokerage activities as well as to extend expertise in developing large-scale and real-time database systems.
- Duties for this position will include the analysis, design, development (full development life cycle), and support of Core Java / J2EE applications. We require a person that is highly motivated, independent, analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
- BE or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related technical field from a reputed institution.
- Experience in developing multi-tiered Java applications (backend/middleware/frontend).
- Excellent analytical and software design skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and spoken.
- Excellent knowledge in most of the technologies below:
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Spring framework in general
- JPA and JDBC
- Web and Application containers (i.e. Jetty, Tomcat and JBoss/Wildfly).
- REST based web services
- Front end technologies (i.e. JQuery, Bootstrap, etc).
- Deep understanding of design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Deep understanding on concurrency and multi-threading.
Good to have :
Hands-on experience in :
- Python (big plus)
- Continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Supporting production environments.
- Ant and Ivy
- Caching technologies
- Reasonable experience with automated testing frameworks and Quality Assurance
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision ( as your Manager may be located in a different location )