Software Engineer - EDA Tool Development (4-13 yrs)
This involves :
- Develops, test and support Design Automation flow infrastructure flavors
- Consult SoC development projects to ensure proper usage and availability of Design system infrastructure and methods.
- Pro-actively driving the continuous improvement of the flows
- Understanding specification, implementation, testing, release and support of the design flow infrastructure components.
- Propose, evaluate and integrate new features of Data-management (Perforce/ Git / /DesignSync) in Design Flow for better integration of EDA tools.
- Evaluate the existing legacy in-house tools in use to Re-architect them using software best practices and technologies to make them faster, leaner, modular, maintainable etc.
- Work with Infra lead & flow users to understand design flow challenges and come up with innovative ideas/solutions to resolve them
- Support by providing training documents on Flow Infrastructure software to designers, flow developers and support engineers
- Participate in Code and spec reviews with guidance from lead experts
- Ensuring compliance with all Quality/Process practices in s/w development.
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of Software programming and EDA tool development
- BE / BTech / MS in Computer Science / Electronics
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Perl Programming
- Experience with any EDA tool development in infrastructure/flow
- Expertise on version control management tools esp. Perforce, Git Clearcase, Designsync
- Good working (hands on) knowledge of Linux OS (Redhat) and Unix shell scripting
- Expertise in process automation using scripting (Perl/Python/Tcl)
- Knowledge of makefile, XML parsing.
- Experience with load sharing systems like LSF
- Good SW debugging skills