Software Engineer - Applications Development - DevOps (3-7 yrs)
Position : Devops Engineer
Year of Experience: 3-7 years
The main focus of Linux systems architect is to architect, develop, automate and deploy products and infrastructure based on Linux and Linux application stacks.
Media.net a Directi company, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics.
We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10's of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000's of terabytes of data.
- Design systems architecture for projects using Linux and Linux application stacks
- Capacity planning
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms.
- Design and implement internal cloud infrastructure
- Automation and implementation of permanent resolutions to prevent outages / downtimes
- Responsible for architecting deployments for High Availability, scalability and reliability
- Design and implement platforms for monitoring, log processing, metrics collection and data visualization.
- Script and code tools (in shell/perl/ruby/python etc) for automation and efficient management of sites/products
- Infrastructure and platform security.
- Lead and mentor a team of Operations Engineers.
- Puppet configuration management.
- Liaise with application development teams to drive operational best practices.
You are an expert/master in some of the below tools/skills -
- Linux: In depth Linux/Unix fundamentals, Good understanding the various linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc), Understanding of various distributions nuances (RHEL/Centos etc), Package management etc
- Fundamentals: DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Storage: RAID, DAS, SAN, NAS
- Application Stacks: LAMP, Nginx/HAproxy/ATS, Wackamole, Email Platforms, Tomcat.
- Cloud Infrastructure : OpenStack
- Databases: SQL/RDBMS, MySQL/NDB, Postgres, MySQL/Postgres/Slony Replication.
- Configuration management : Puppet
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Kickstart/Cobbler, Mcollective, Yum, RPM, GIT/SVN
- Scripting/Programming: Multiple scripting/programming languages - Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP.
- Others: Regular expressions, Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Systems/Hardware: LOM/IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.