Recruiter at PeopleOCity LLP
Views:54 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Software DevOps Lead Engineer - CI/CD Pipeline (4-10 yrs)
Software DevOps Lead
Job Location: Bangalore
Years of Experience: 7+ years
- As a Software DevOps Lead, you will be responsible for driving the technical vision to improve the build and deployment processes, incident management, and operational excellence of the Marketplace Platform team.
- Your primary responsibility as a Software DevOps Lead is to work with Software DevOps engineers along with product and engineering teams to streamline the build, deployment, on-call, and escalation management processes.
- You have excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must raise the bar for operational excellence and design as well as implement components that are conducive for hands-free operations.
- Design and drive the implementation of fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Lead the monitoring, debugging, and enhancing pipelines for optimal operation and performance
- Lead troubleshooting, conducting root cause analysis and resolving a majority of the production issues
- Responsible for escalation management of production issues
- Lead the definition and measurement of KPIs for operational excellence
- Writing load tests per services and exercising them regularly
- Automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Provide quick, reliable, and easy to interpret script results and dashboard reports to raise awareness of operational overhead
- Lead the setup of development, staging, demo, and production environments
- Lead the cross-functional collaboration efforts to improve the overall team velocity
Minimum Qualifications :
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years of experience
- In-depth experience with designing and implementing fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Worked extensively with distributed systems and have experience building and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Excellent programming, SQL, and scripting skills
- In-depth coding experience in Golang/Java, Scripting experience in Perl/Python
- In-depth experience with a variety of logging/system dashboard tools
- Hands-on experience with providing technical leadership to DevOps teams
- Experience with leading on-call responsibilities and addressing production issues
- Experience with leading escalation management for production outages
Preferred Qualifications :
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years of experience
- Production experience with leading DevOps tasks for web-services supporting 5K+ QPS, 10K+ Events per second, $1B+ in transactions, and systems processing 10TB+ data
- Strong desire to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Proven ability to lead in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with providing technical leadership to an offshore team
About The Client :
A Silicon Valley headquartered company with software platform engineering and deep domain expertise in travel, retail, insurance, automotive, and high technology. We accelerate the delivery of digital customer engagement systems using digital technologies such as cloud, microservices, robotic process automation and artificial intelligence to our clients.
Client delivers positive business outcomes using rapid prototyping and a solid foundation of DevOps-based software platform engineering that ensure high-quality and on-time delivery
3500+ Employees spread across the US, UK, Singapore, Middle East and India
With nearly 30 years experience in Insurance, Retail, High Technology, Healthcare & Lifesciences and Travel/ Hospitality