Recruiter at Wenger & WAtson
Views:127 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Software Development Engineer III/IV - Java (6-13 yrs)
India's largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 100 million. Looking for strong technical folks.
Job Responsibilities :
- Research, design and build highly reliable, available and scalable platforms
- Complete ownership of Service/Services that your team is responsible for
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development of best practices
- Platformize components as libraries, utilities and services and promote reuse.
- Own large technical deliverables and execute in an exemplary way
- Be able to conceptualize and develop prototype quickly
- Drive technical roadmap of the team in collaboration with Engineering and Product
You (Must Haves) :
- Deep expertise with any or combination programming languages: Java, C++, C#, Ruby, PHP, any objected oriented high level proprietary or open source language with strong programming constructs. Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
- Strong object oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to complex problems.
- Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux platform
- Comprehensive operational experience including, optimizations, deployments and tuning servers like apache/mysql/tomcat/solr
- Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum), TDD and Continuous Integration(CI/CD) a plus.
- BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent). Or high technical acumen and rich technical experience.
- Experience in building data-driven web application design and development is a plus
- Expert level experience in building scalable, large and complex business application using some of above technologies and mentoring junior engineers.
Your Array (Nice to Have) :
- Good sense of system characterization and identification of technical requirements
- Good learnability and adopt technologies that help build large scale, performant, reliable and sustainable systems.
- Architectural & Design Choices, Deep knowledge on one or more tech stacks, identify alternative tech choices and trade-offs
- Strong problem Solving skills, Identify feasible alternatives and freeze on the optimal choice of data structures and advanced algorithms
- Ability to work in fuzzy environments and complex environments
- Able to take high ownership of complex system components and drive it to the next level
- Good exposure both with tech breadth and tech depth