Recruitment Manager at The Modern Dimension
Views:3568 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Software Development Engineer III - Data Structure/Algorithm (5-10 yrs)
About BlackBuck :
- Keeping technology at the core, BlackBuck makes transportation simple and effective.
- BlackBuck is an online marketplace for logistics requirements for the businesses. It caters to long distance, in land -
truck requirements of Companies, providing them with a reliable, transparent and low cost channel of freight procurement. BlackBuckworks with audited and verified trucks, and has more than 85,000 trucks listed on its platform. With its wide geographical coverage comprising of more than 300 cities through a passionate workforce of 800+ Blackbuckers, Company successfully caters to more than 230 customers across industry segments and has a long list of very prestigious clients including HUL, Asian Paints,Reliance, Berger, Amul, Coke, Nestle and Pepsi, to name a few.
Its comprehensive and smart solutions bring a positive impact to the entire logistics ecosystem, which stitches across large number of livelihoods. BlackBuck empowers countless businesses realize their full potential by providing effective technology solutions:
- Smart, easy and economical - Online booking of trucks, tracking and management of the transportation- for the customers
- Optimal utilization, fair price and effective management of the fleet for the truck owners
- Improved network of facilities and support for the truck drivers
- BlackBuck, was started in Bangalore in 2015 by- Rajesh Yabaji (IIT Kharagpur- alumunus, previously worked with ITC),
Ramasubramaniam B (previously MD- Meibach Consulting, APAC )and Chanakya Hridaya (IIT Kharagpur- alumunus, previously worked with ITC), with the vision of creating World's largest transportation Company.
- In numbers, in passion, in simplicity, by talent- by far the leading tech-enabled logistics Company in India.
- The logistics sector is poised for a revolutionary growth journey, BLACKBUCK MARKS THE BEGINNING!
Few people in our tech and product leadership team :
- Vishal Chaturvedi: Head of Products -- https://www.linkedin.com/in/vishal-chaturvedi- 5808a618/
- Viswanathan: Head of Engineering -- https://www.linkedin.com/in/viswanathan-thiagarajan- 1b74a53/
- Saurabh Agarwal : Engineering Team - https://www.linkedin.com/in/saurabh-agrawal- a58a223/
- Ajith Kamath : Engineering Team - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajkamath/
- Piyush Grover : Engineering Team - https://www.linkedin.com/in/piyushgrover/
- Shanshank: Engineering Team - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shashankchakelam/
- Janakiraman: Engineering Team - https://www.linkedin.com/in/janakiraman-ps- 28a6a91/
- Sisir Koppaka: Data Science Team - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sisir-koppaka- 80a7384/
A small set of Engineering Problems -
Route Optimization- Better customer experience by reducing time, money, resources along with fuel savings, with unpredictable
waiting time during loading, unloading, and transit . Far more complex challenges in Inter-City travel than what Uber/Ola face in
India in Intra-City travel
- Travelling Salesman Problem
- Vehicle Routing Problem
- Permutation Enumerator
- Greedy Search Algorithm
- Ant Colony Optimization
- Accurately predict - where, when, and how many trip requests we would receive at any given time.- Extreme events such as
- Holiday season or Festival season only heighten the importance of forecasting for operations planning, forecasting for extreme events can be difficult because of their infrequency. We are building our own even prediction algorithm based deep neural network.
- Pricing and Fraud Detection -
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Actively drive discussions to improve product across engineering teams, wherever there are inter dependencies across products
- Influence product requirements & operational plans while working with product manager to estimate and plan projects in agile development framework
- Instill best practices for development and champion their adoption, Mentor junior engineers on software design, coding practices and TDD strategies
- API Definitions and end-to- end service design and implementations
- Design applications in true service oriented architecture
- Develop object-oriented models and design data structure for new software projects taking systems aspects into account
- Participate and contribute in discussions and decisions for creating and improving architecture across applications.
- Make correct design choices in the context of problem for datastore, caching, search, scaling etc.
- Write good quality, modular, reusable, performant, well documented, unit-tested code,
- Identify the areas and approach to refactor and simplify the modules; refactor code to improve code quality and bring modularity and simplicity.
- Translate high level business problems into scalable design and code.
- Create common libraries & Utilities to be used by multiple engineering teams
Minimum qualifications and Competencies :
- BE or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product based company
- Strong expertise in at least one programming language & tech stack for web development to write maintainable,
scalable, unit-tested code
- Strong object oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Strong expertise of working with relational and nosql databases
- Experience in building large complex business applications with only high level tech guidance
- Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with full life cycle development on a Linux/ubuntu platform
- Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development