Software Development Engineer II - Scala/Java/Python (3-8 yrs)
Employer envisages creating end-user analytics/business user tools to democratize analytics. They already have built Muze [https://muzejs.org/], an open source visualization library which competes with Tableau's [https://www.tableau.com] graphing behavior. To validate their hypothesis and concepts, they've built Discover [https://discover.charts.com/] as a functional prototype.
They are a team of 9 engineers who learn rapidly and builds/validates technologies around analytics / BI industry.
The employer came out of the mother company as an experiment. Hence they share some of the common resources (experience, sales, marketing) to be able to rapidly reach the market.
Responsibilities For position SDE-II :
- Learn, create and own backend stack which addresses the following points (including but not limited to)
- ETL from multiple sources to warehouse Data transformation post loading data to the warehouse for analytics e-Communication of data between multiple systems
- Learn, use and validate multiple different tools, framework (and supporting language) to be able to take decision objectively
- Be able to lead a team which can achieve a common set of objectives
- Practical knowledge of architecting / building distributed systems
- Solid understanding of data structure and algorithm
- Knowledge of at least one language out of Java, Scala, Python
- Some level of understanding of one of the following technologies and tools/framework used to address the same
- Data Warehouse
- Message Brokers
- Different format of data stored in memory
- Be able to materialize research papers (good to have)
- Able to learn technology quickly without having biases/deterrence