Recruitment Head at Fastpad
Views:2109 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Software Development Engineer II - Python/Node.js/Ruby (4-8 yrs)
- Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs.
- Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure, and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform
- Continuously drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimize distributed systems and tools to best meet evolving business and market needs
- Work alongside a dedicated operations team to develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our worldwide service
- Take a moderately complex problem ( several moving parts, multiple interactions and cases to be considered ) and come up with a modularized, maintainable system which can be developed independently.
- Across team to better understand the problems and figure out potential blockers/enhancement which can help solve problem better
- Mentor other SDEs and advise the leadership team on the technical vision. Provide constructive feedback to other members of the team.
- Should be able to debug an existing code and build new features when minimal or no documentation of prior implementation is provided.
- Hands on with service oriented architecture, building and deploying services.
- Know-how usage of MVC architecture including utils, helpers, services and libraries.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience using Python, Ruby on Rails, Django
- 2+ years experience designing and developing multi-threaded/multi-process distributed systems
- Understanding of Grid computing, Map-Reduce, advanced server clustering and distributed programming
- Knowledge of the core elements of file system, kernel and database internals - latency, throughput, reliability, availability, consistency, security, etc.