Software Development Engineer II - Mobile Apps - eCommerce (5-12 yrs)
We have an urgent job opening for the following position-
The BuyVIP tech team in Bangalore is looking for an experienced, innovative, results-oriented mobile Software Development Engineer. BuyVIP is Amazon's flagship Flash Sale site in the EU offering deeply discounted hand-picked styles from popular brands. We are established in three marketplaces, Germany, Spain and Italy, with potential for growth across the EU.
We have complete end to end technical ownership of the e-commerce stack for all three marketplaces across the PC website, device optimized website for phones and tablets, native iPhone and iPad app and native android phone and tablet app. This is a great destination for engineers who are seeking opportunities that provide both depth and breadth.
e are growing our development team including designers and product managers tasked with the goal of making BuyVIP a world class flash sale destination in the EU. Our website and apps integrated and built on top of Amazon services from the ground up are highly scalable with low latency and a simple elegant CX.
This position is for a highly dynamic mobile software engineer, who will drive the mobile app development. You will be a key member of this team, dedicated to our ongoing effort to launch best of breed features across multiple marketplaces. We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. If this sounds like you, we definitely want to hear from you today.
This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with our business team in Luxembourg and other tech teams in Bangalore as we raise the bar in delivering innovation.
- Provide technical leadership, architect, develop, deploy, and support software systems within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with the other engineers and product managers to design and develop the best technical solutions to meet business needs
- Build and maintain world-class customer experience and operational excellence for your deliverables
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Document and present technical solutions to product stakeholders
- Help recruit world class Software Engineers
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5- 12 years professional experience in software development
- Experience in native mobile app development in either iOS or Android
- Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Objective-C, Java or C++
Preferred Qualifications :
- Ability to take a project from initial scoping requirements through actual launch and support of the project
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the fill software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Clear, professional communication skills, able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
- Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
Date of Birth:
Total work Exp.:
Current CTC: fixed & variable
Open to work in Bangalore:
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.