Talent Evangelist at Staffio HR
Views:206 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Software Development Engineer - Big Data (6-12 yrs)
Exp : 6 - 12 years
CTC : 35 - 50 LPA
- Talents based out of Bangalore Only
- Excellent Java coding skills
- Experience in High Level Design
- At least 1.5-2 years of experience in Big Data Technologies like HDFS, YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Spark.
- At least 4 yrs out of 7 yrs of total experience in product based/e-commerce company
- Experience with Data Structure and Algorithms
- Experience in computer fundamentals
- 6+ years of experience in designing and developing software.
- 2+ years of experience in building data pipelines and ETL process.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers.
- Ability to architect, design and develop complex systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Expertise building pipe lines using big data technologies, databases and tools HDFS, YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Spark.
- Backend experience with RESTful API and RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc.)
- Knowledge of other industry ETL tools (including No SQL) such Cassandra/Drill/Impala/etc. is a plus.
- Creative problem solving skills, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Be a role model for engineers on the team, providing timely coaching and mentoring to all.
- Passion for ensuring high quality architecture and customer experience.
- Data sciences background is a big plus.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- The position will be in support of data creation, ingestion, management, and client consumption.
- This individual has an absolute requirement to be well versed in Big Data fundamentals such as HDFS and YARN.
- More than a working knowledge of Sqoop and Hive is required with understanding of partitioning/data formats/compression/performance tuning/etc.
- Preferably, the candidate has a strong knowledge of Spark on either Python or Scala. Experience in Spark is must.
- SQL for Teradata/Hive Query is required. Knowledge of other industry ETL tools (including No SQL) such Cassandra/Drill/Impala/etc. is a plus.
- Data Science Background to work with DS Team.