Director at HuQuo
Views:20609 Applications:2463 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Software Design Engineer - Test - Manual/Automation Testing (2-4 yrs)
Our client brings together the best minds in computer science and engineering to work at the intersection of finance and technology. Members of our technology team exhibit a range of strong quantitative and programming abilities, with software developers and quantitative analysts collaborating on challenging problems that directly impact the firm's continued success.
Quality and innovation are imperative for creating computationally-intensive solutions for trading profitably in markets around the globe. Members of technology team bring strong analytical, mathematical, and software design skills to a variety of projects, including the development of distributed systems and trading platforms and real-time data analysis. Successful candidates have traditionally been the top students in their programs and have extensive software development experience. We welcome outstanding candidates at all experience levels.
The Software Design Engineer in Test role is reserved for Testers who are capable of writing tools and/or automation.
The SDET is a tester and also a developer. More often the role is assumed as a manual tester, and sometimes considered as a Quality Assurance. The SDET is part of the development team and participates in the complete development process.
The SDET must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code. The code generally created by the SDET however are for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them. An SDET's knowledge of software design is often focused on testability, robustness, and performance, and they usually play a contributory or reviewer role in the creation of designs for production software. A SDETs skill set will often include more experience in software processes and how to test software.
- Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop a product's testing strategy
- Participating in design and code inspections.
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to
MUST HAVE :
- BS/BCA/B Tech degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
- 2-4 yrs core development experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
- Experience in writing testing frameworks and automation tools is preferable
- BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
- Designed complex software systems
- Understands customer use cases and have developed framework for automated testing of developed Software
- Coached and mentored junior members of the team
- Demonstrated innovation in product/framework development
COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES :
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Bonus: Performance Linked
- Paid Holidays, vacations and Sick Leave