Operations Manager at Smarten spaces
Views:288 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Smarten Spaces - Database Administrator - MySQL/MongoDB (3-6 yrs)
Core Role & Responsibilities :
- Commision, Migration, Security, Audit, automating monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the DB systems (local + AWS/ Azure cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions DB systems.
- Manage, maintain, migrate and performance configuration management of production systems.
- Assure the quality of queries & security of our DB system and hence our products / services.
- Monitoring 24- 7 the DB systems
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience :
- MySql & MongoDB : 3+ years- experience with using a broad range of DB technologies and monitoring and maintain on local, AWS/Azure based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Zabbix).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex DB, infrastructure resource and application issues.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
- System Admin Skills: Basic Linux administration experience .
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
Other Candidate Requirements :
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.