HR Manager at Skylark Drones Pvt. Ltd.
Views:460 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Skylark Drones - Lead Web Developer - Python/Django (3-7 yrs)
Emerging technologies, require a certain amount of exploration and experimentation before their true use cases can be discovered. Our vision is to empower enterprise using drones. However at this point in the technological adoption cycle, the true value proposition is still an unknown. Therefore, we get to do the exploration and experimentation that will hopefully come to define enterprise drone use cases.
As a web developer, there are a lot of exciting things that need to be done in this environment. As new use-cases are discovered, prototypes will need to be built, and as some of these use cases prove to be of real value to the customer, portals will have to be built to deliver large streams of data, insight and analysis. All this work will have to be modular, so that the same features can be incorporated into other industries if it is relevant.
We are looking for the kind of person that enjoys crafting great user experiences. Someone who can step into the shoes of the customer, and build tools from their point of view. The person who can harness the power of the world wide web and leverage that along with our drone data and truly create value for the customer. Someone who derives pleasure in doing a task, and doing it right.
You will get to learn new things across domains, experiment and iterate on different value propositions and build plenty of small nifty features, and as the requirements mature, full fledged portals that provide a world class, enterprise grade experience for all of our customers.
You will also get to lead a small team of 3-4 passionate engineers to build exciting web applications.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Build a product delivery portal as a SaaS platform.
- Build and manage data pipelines over web and between apps for large amounts of data.
- Build prototypes to display new analysis and insight.
- Build new tools to streamline the overall process flow as requirements develop.
- Add new features to existing tools.
- Explore new technologies and products to see how they can improve our products.
- Lead a team of 3-4 engineers, and manage the overall product development cycle.
- Proficient in full stack web development. (Preferably Python-Django stack)
- Knowledge and understanding of different Databases and when to use them.
- Strong command over front end frameworks (like Vue JS)
- Understanding of backend development, ReST APIs and internet infrastructure in general.
- Experience with mapping libraries are a plus.
- Familiarity with Unix, shell scripting and DevOps.
- Comfortable in all stages of software development, from problem exploration and design, all the way to execution and delivery.
- Ability to write clean, concise and well documented code.
- Familiar with version control, writing tests and writing documentation.
- Experience with usage of open source technologies.
- Open to learning new technologies and languages.
- Comfortable working in a low monitoring/guidance environment.
- Strong sense of initiative, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Have experience in building scalable web applications with a small team
Basically we are looking for people who are passionate about solving problems, and doing things the best way. If this this like you, we look forward to hearing from you.