Manager - Talent Acquisition at Simplilearn
Views:993 Applications:200 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:181
Simplilearn - Director - Technology Architecture - Software Development (8-16 yrs)
About Simplilearn :
Simplilearn enables professionals and enterprises to succeed in the fast-changing digital economy. The company provides outcome-based online training across digital technologies and applications such as Big Data, Machine Learning, AI, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Digital Marketing and other emerging technologies. Based in San Francisco, CA, Raleigh, NC and Bangalore, India; Simplilearn has helped more than 1 million+ professionals and 1000 companies across 150 countries get trained, acquire certifications and reach their business and career goals. The company's high-engagement curriculum blends self-paced online learning, instructor-led live virtual classrooms, hands-on projects, student collaboration, and 24/7 global teaching assistants.
We are a 1000+ people strong and growing very rapidly year on year and having fun doing that.
- The role is a thought leader responsible for end-to-end technology strategy (Applications and Infrastructure, Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc).
- Shape technology direction for digital solutions working with product and engineering leadership teams.
- Works across the product and technology lines of business on complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within a domain: technical, solutions, business or information.
- Analyze conflicting requirements and formulate architectural solutions to balance diverse user needs.
- Collaborate and partner with various business stakeholders to ensure the program is taking advantage of appropriate architecture frameworks and remains in compliance with established security practices.
- Provide direction to leadership in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technologies that can be leveraged to create unique and effective solutions.
- Design and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Develop and maintain the aspirational architectural road map for the enterprise.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies.
- Gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives.
- Provide architectural direction to Senior Architects, Data Architects, and Solution Architects.
- Develop architectural metrics and reports for the executive team, business, and IT management.
- Oversee the design and implementation of enterprise data and metadata structures.
- Create a plan to integrate business systems and workflows in support of the business strategy.
- Develop and enforce best practices for data management and integration.
- Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans.
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions.
- Deliver requisite program documentation including program charters, schedules, requirements documents, specifications, design documents, and testing strategies.
- Deploy and maintain Enterprise Architecture repository and toolset.
- Perform annual architectural maturity assessments and regular architecture status reports.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and best practices.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in designing and architecting large scale distributed e-commerce systems and experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product and applications.
- 8+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development.
- 6+ years' experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern Microservice patterns and REST).
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns.
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design - including leveraging emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives.
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems.
- Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking).
- Proficient in at least one static OO language (Preferably Java).
- Preferably good exposure on Mobile Development methodologies(Android and iOS) and BI/Analytics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving background.
- You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills \ TOGAF certification is a plus.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.