Sigmoid - Lead DevOps Engineer - Linux/Unix/Windows OS (7-10 yrs)
Core Responsibilities :
- Establish an automated DevOps pipeline which delivers tooling for next-generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops).
- Cultivate a CICD - Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mindset.
- Optimize Cost for Big Data Real Time Workloads.
- Scale to handle TBs data daily.
- Implement Best Practices for Data Security & Data Governance.
- Work across teams to bring continuous improvement to engineering processes and tools.
- Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistent of high-quality.
WORK QUALIFICATION :
- 8+ years of work experience working in DevOps role and System Architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant streams.
- 3-5 years of Release Management Coordination/Engineer experience managing builds through development, QA, UAT through to production.
- Understand how to automate builds for developer environments from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Must understand the Scrum Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
- Strong experience with cloud services - AWS preferred
- 4+ years of Linux/Unix/Windows system administration with experience in an environment with 500+ servers
- Familiarity with Docker containers
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture
- Experience with continuous integration tools, configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Knowledge of SQL, and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers, security best practices.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with technical teams.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
Technical Skills :
- Need to be strong Python and Bash/Shell Scripting. (Must)
- Experience on GCP (Google Cloud Platform)/AWS (Must)
- Experience in Linux. (Must)
- Experience in Ansible/Chef/Puppet. (Must)
- Log Management Tools like ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana), Splunk. - Added Advantage.
- Knowledge about big data system such as (InfluxDB or ElasticSearch or Cassandra) - Added Advantage.
- In depth knowledge about Networking, UNIX and low level OS internals. - Added Advantage.