Shoonya - Software Development Engineer - Android Framework (3-8 yrs)
Job Description :
- Shoonya is an inventive startup that building an innovative technology to secure and manage enterprise devices. At Shoonya we believe that people should interact with devices that are highly secure.
- We envision a world where things like theft of credit card information, personal data, or intellectual property resulting from compromised devices are a thing of the past.
- We believe in challenging the current ecosystem of insecure devices that we so frequently encounter in our lives. We have offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, and Shenzen.
The Role :
- As a Software Development Engineer - Android, you will be part of a team that owns critical OS framework components, working on projects that push the boundaries of device-cloud interaction.
- You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design an innovative way to secure and manage Android-based devices.
- You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- You will take the lead in designing solutions to hard problems in the Android and Shoonya ecosystem.
- You will work closely with the Cloud and Front-End team to drive the development from the concept stage to the launch stage.
Key Responsibilities :
- As a member of the Android team, your role will be to make Shoonya OS the most secure and manageable OS in the industry.
- Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
- Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity while translating our organizational vision into functional plans that guide their execution.
- Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never a bottleneck. See around the corner and anticipate developers' needs.
- Mentor and grow developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
Basic Qualifications :
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong C/C++ & Java skills and experience writing SDK (or Java libraries).
- Experience building Android-based devices, working in native and framework layer.
Preferred Qualification :
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influence on the direction of the product design and development
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders
- Great communication skills - the ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
- Working knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment
Location : Indiranagar, Bangalore