Shoonya - BSP Engineer - Linux & Kernel Programming (3-8 yrs)
Shoonya is an inventive startup, using innovative technology to secure and manage enterprise devices. At Shoonya, we believe that people should interact with devices that are highly secure. We envision a world where things like theft of credit card information, personal data, or intellectual property resulting from compromised devices are a thing of the past. We believe in challenging the current ecosystem of insecure devices that we so frequently encounter in our lives. We have offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, and Shenzen.
The Role :
- As a BSP Software Development Engineer, you will be a critical part of the team that helps bring up Shoonya Devices running ShoonyaOS.
- You will be working on device root of trust, secure boot, platform customisation, firmware updates and cutting-edge platform & OS features that makes ShoonyaOS the most secure OS in the world.
- Furthermore you will be directly involved in conceiving and implementing strategies for autonomous edge-device intelligence on Shoonya Devices--solving problems that have never been seen before.
- You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with the Android Framework team to drive development from the concept to launch.
Key Responsibilities :
1. As a member of the Android team, your role will be to make Shoonya OS the most secure and manageable OS in the industry. You will:
2. Own key components within the platform & OS. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
3. Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
4. Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity while translating our organizational vision into functional plans that guide their execution.
5. Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never a bottleneck. See around the corner and anticipate developers' needs.
6. Mentor and grow developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
Basic Qualifications :
1. BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
2. 4+ years of professional software development experience.
3. Experience in Linux Kernel Driver programming, Device bring-up, BSP, Kernel config & Kernel crash debugging.
4. Solid programming experience in native C /C++, JAVA and JNI.
5. Qualcomm/Mediatek/Freescale/Intel or other Android chipset development experience
6. Understanding of networking and network interfaces
7. Familiarity with reading HW documentation such as schematics and layout drawings.
8. Experience with CTS/GTS : Google Mobile Services (GMS) Test Suite and Google Compatibility
9. Test Suite (CTS) certification and issue debugging
Preferred Qualification :
1. Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influence on the direction of the product design and development
2. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders
3. Great communication skills - the ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
4. Understanding of benchmarking and optimization
Location : Indiranagar