Talent Acquisition Specialist at Servian
Views:458 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Servian - Linux Engineer - System Administration (2-3 yrs)
Servian, Australia's leading technology professional service firms, are growing their team in their Bengaluru Global Delivery Center.
Our consultants use emerging technologies and best practices to help clients become more data driven across a range of industries. Recent projects include building a novel mobile app to help a surgeon better engage with her patients post-operation, helping enterprise harness the power of big data, and bringing a full stack web app to market for an emerging start-up, to name a few. Underpinning each initiative is our talented operations team which seeks to bring on a talented Linux administrator after a period of organic growth.
We keep our people at the heart of our strategy - We were founded to create a great place to work for talented technologists. Our flat organisational structure empowers staff to grow as technical leaders and trusted customer advisors. Our teams are close-knit and work together to deliver stellar customer outcomes.
We invest heavily in professional development both technically, through training and guided certification pathways, and in consulting, through workshops in client engagement and communication. Growth in our organisation happens from growth in our people.
Working on your own 27- iMac in our custom designed offices in the heart of leafy Jayanagar, we provide a peaceful and productive work environment close to shops, parks and metro station.
We are looking for passionate engineers to join our close knit teams of digital, data & analytics and operations consultants. Whether you are looking to accelerate your career or diversify into a consulting landscape, you will bring:
- In In depth Linux/Infrastructure/cloud operations knowledge
- Proficient in at least 1 major scripting language. e.g. Python or Perl or Shell scripting
- Troubleshoot performance, availability and functionality issues.
- Determine root cause of these issues and provide suggestions on how to avoid them in the future.
- Optimizes system availability, security, and performance of systems.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- ITIL foundation certification
- RHEL certified
Desirable Skills :
- Proficiency in at least one major configuration management tool, e.g. Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in or willingness to learn Hadoop cluster administration
- Experience in or willingness to learn Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) administration
- Experience in or willingness to learn Docker and Kubernetes administration
- Technical leadership experience - highly desirable
- Calmly and systematic demeanour in Severity-1 situations
- Willingness to work in operational environments with an on-call component
- Experience maintaining high availability (99.9% plus) systems
- Certification - CCNA
- We are looking at hires between 2 and 4 years commercial experience for this opening.
If you are looking to join a team that is determined to provide you with the opportunities and capability to develop and extend your career to the next level, then look no further! APPLY NOW!