HR Consultant at Umana HR Services
Views:315 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Senior Video Algorithm Engineer - FFMPEG/GStreamer (5-12 yrs)
Job Title : Senior Video Algorithm Engineer
Job Type : Full-time Employee
Location : Bangalore, India
Reporting to : Director of Engineering
Job Purpose :
- Solid hands-on engineer in the video algorithm domain who mastered in developing video compression algorithms for the cloud and mobile space for many years.
- This role is mainly on developing video software algorithms using H.264 or any other new video codecs for several applications such as mobile video sharing, fastest video encoding on the cloud, optimizing video delivery in the broadcast and surveillance domains.
- A developer in this role is an integral part of a core video team committed to developing products which enhances both user-experience and reducing the cost of video delivery
- Solid understanding of video compression fundamentals and a good knowledge plus working experience with H.264, H.265, AV1 and VVC codecs
- Knowledge of Media Codec frameworks on Android and iOS platforms.
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ on Linux.
- Knowledge and experience in the video streaming domain is a must
- Good understanding of video streaming protocols such as HTTP, RTP, RTSP, WebRTC
- Thorough knowledge on HLS, MPEG-DASH, MP4, fMP4 and MOV file formats is a must
- Experience in following components is highly desirable :
1. OS : Linux, iOS and Android
2. Media frameworks : Android MediaCodec Framework, iOS Video Toolbox and
3. Source control : Git
4. Open Source Media frameworks : Latest FFmpeg, GStreamer version 1.x
5. Video filters, Scaling, Denoiser and blending algorithms
- Skills in Machine learning techniques especially of solving complex problems in the video compression algorithms using ML methods
- Strong understanding of OS internals such as I/O, Networking, Multi-threading etc
Specific Responsibilities :
- Video Compression SDK development for the mobile devices using latest codecs readily available on handsets
- Strong experience in tackling challenges revolving around video processing (Transcoding, Packaging), tuning high performance video application for latency and cost
- Develop new video algorithm using the latest video codecs to optimize the video content better for quality and savings
- Understand video patterns and characteristics in the professional and user-generated content using the latest video tools from research community to help to improve the existing Crunch products
- Proactive in creating a multi-paradigm engineering culture by working with a cross-functional team placed locally and globally
- Maintain and extend existing software components for customer deployments
- Ready to work in a fast paced development environment strictly following SDLC
What You Bring to the Table :
- You must be well organized to prioritize tasks on hand to deliver your work on-time
- Not afraid to take development challenges and eager to learn new things in video.
- 8+ years of experience with video compression and a good understanding of Media frameworks for the iOS and Android platform
- Well versed in GStreamer and a good understanding of FFMPEG internals are the must ones
- Experience with the latest video codecs such as H.265, VP9 is highly desirable.
- Experience in building SDKs and frameworks a big plus
- Experience in AWS S3 or other storage / CDN services is a bonus
- Use of Agile and Jira tools
- Experience in analyzing video streams for conformance in the elementary and transport levels using at least one of the tools such as Codecvisa, Tektronix and Elecard StreamEye
- MS or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering