Recruiter at Strategic Placements and HR Services
Views:374 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Validation Engineer - Microcontroller (5-15 yrs)
Job Description :
We are seeking a Senior Validation Engineer to support validation and characterize of new PIC32 microcontrollers.
We are a world leader in 8-, 16-, and 32- microcontrollers.
The Validation Engineering position is focused on helping with the development of our analog and parametric testing infrastructure.
Significant time will be spent developing test cases, performing lab bench experiments and assisting other team members in the validation of 32-bit microcontrollers at the unit and system-level.
This position is based in Bangalore, India. As a validation engineer, you will work with team members located in Chandler, Arizona, Bangalore, India, and other corporate team members worldwide.
Job Requirements :
- Develop functional and System level analog and parametric tests for integrated microcontrollers and test chips.
- Develop automated lab-based testing of the microcontroller for both digital and analog modules at the unit level and at the full chip level.
- Functionally test prototype designs pre- and post-silicon using test chips and FPGAs
- Develop performance tests for determining circuit margin and datasheet parameters
- Assisting in lab test bench design, configuration, and data collection activities
- Design or assist in the development of new testing infrastructure for use within the validation team
- Drive design recommendations to improve the validation process, such as enhancements to test software and hardware environments, lab equipment usage, and data management
- Candidate should be familiar with using lab equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Power Supplies, Arbitrary Waveform, and pulse generators, etc.
- The candidate will have the primary role of creating, auditing, and overseeing test procedures, validation plans, postprocessing of test data, test reports, and documenting results
- Candidate should be familiar with C, C++, TestStand, Labview, and/or other software and scripting languages
- Candidate must be a College Graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- Candidate should have 5 - 15 years of related work experience
Additional Qualifications :
- Experience with communication busses (GPIB, RS-232, RS-485, SPI, I2C, USB, EBI, Ethernet, CAN/CAN-FD, MLB, etc.)
- Experience with Analog peripherals (ADCs, DACs, Comparators, OpAMPs, CTMU)
- Experience with Clock subsystem and Reset subsystems (BOR, POR, Band-Gap, WDT, DMT, etc.)
- Experience with microcontrollers, FPGAs, and embedded systems
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to make decisions and adapt real-time
- Able to prioritize tasks and execute to rigorous and dynamic schedules
- Good computer skills, familiar with Windows and MS office suite
- Prototyping skills
- Ability to understand and generate engineering drawings
- Comprehensive recordkeeping and detailed debugging notes
- Comfortable interfacing with a variety of engineering groups (Design, Verification, Production Test, and Applications)