Senior Technology Specialist - FPGA Design & Validation (12-20 yrs)
Senior Technology Specialist - FPGA design & validation (Only Females)
Job Expectations :
- Accountable and owner of technical decisions for Aerospace products FPGA/ASIC design and development
- ASIC/FPGA Technical expert responsible for Architecture, Low level and High-level Design (Front End and Back End) of SOC/FPGA
- Evaluate and suggest a suitable architecture for FPGA Design and Generic FPGA/Product Platforms for various Honeywell Aerospace products
- Work as an interface between HTS and Honeywell Technology Chief Engineers/Fellows/Subject Matters Expert and influence technical decisions
- Analyze and identify the root cause(s) of the problems and provide the most effective solution for complex problems working with cross functionals teams.
- Make significant technical contributions essential to the successful completion of projects
- Take care of minimum project management practices which help to drive project scope, cost, risks and schedule to the required level
- Principal author or co-author of multiple project proposals which were selected for funding
- Performs Gap Analysis and arrives at new solutions, tools, process and automation to reduce cost where applicable and guides reporting/cross-functional teams in productivity improvements
- Prepare/involve in FPGA/ASIC Technology roadmaps for the product HW and platforms. Assist Function/COE Leader in preparing Technology Business Roadmaps and competitor analysis
- Drive the technical innovation leading to revenue generating patents/ideas aligned with Honeywell business.
- Inspire the team to Innovate and channelize the efforts of people towards revenue generating
- Able to mentor the Technical leads and HW engineers in terms of Technologies and nurturing new ideas/patents
Skills Requirement :
- Expertise in Design, Verification, Simulation and Certification aspects of FPGA Design life cycle to meet the highest Design Assurance levels (DAL) as per RTCA/DO-254 and FAA AEH (Airborne Electronics Hardware) requirements.
- In depth knowledge of RTCA/DO-254 requirements and completed DO-254 certification of at-least 3 projects.
- FPGA architecture definition.
- HDL Coding - VHDL/Verilog, System Verilog.
- Expertise in Mentor Graphics, Synopsys Simulation Tools like Questasim, VCS
- FPGA design and implementation with VHDL or Verilog for Xilinx, Actel or Altera devices.
- Familiarity of Code coverage, Linting and CDC tools
- Experience should include OS Linux and scripting languages (Perl, Shell, TCL).
- Static Timing Analysis and Synthesis tools experience with Synplify or Synopsys.
- Place & route tool experience with Xilinx ISE/Vivao, Actel Libero/Designer or Altera Quartus.
- Familiarity with Version and Change Control systems. Expertise in implementing various processing, logic and communication protocols.
- Exposure to modulation and de modulation methods for RF signals will be added advantage.
Basic Candidate Qualifications :
- BE/BTech/MTech in VLSI Design, Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 Years of overall end to end hands on design experience and expertise in Aerospace/Avionics products development
Preferred Candidate Qualifications :
- Demonstrated experience in progressively challenging and responsible roles
- Excellent focus on execution; should ensure responsiveness to customers, team and management
- An innovative and integrative thinker quick to visualize solutions and generate ideas
- Has inflammable energy and enthusiasm to constantly motivate the team
- Good communicator of vision, ideas and work requirements