Recruiter at Focus Management
Views:2201 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Senior Software Engineer - J2EE (4-7 yrs)
Senior Software Engineer- Service Solution
Act as a development engineer in the development of a multi-tenant cloud based enterprise software solution. Contribute to the review of the architecture and design of solutions using the cloud-based platform. The Services Engineer will be a software development engineer on a new cloud-based platform that will support several different market verticals. The Services Engineer will play a pivotal role in development of the highly scalable multi-tenant cloud solution services which include application code development, middleware development, web services development, and associated cloud services.
- Contribute in the implementation of the highly scalable multi-tenant cloud platform services which include application code development, middleware development, database design, web services development, and associated cloud services.
- The engineer will implement the various pieces of the architecture and thus have a direct impact on delivering the cloud based enterprise applications on-time, within budget and in accordance to the defined architectural vision and performance expectations.
- Analyze complex issues and modify working methods in own discipline. Strong analytical skills are essential.
- No direct reports; Will provide guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Under general supervision; ability to exercise judgment. Must work effectively with a supervisor/architect and implement the features as directed by the supervisor/architect. Must be self-motivated and a "self-starter"
Required Job Skills
- Strong grasp of computer science, data structures and algorithms
- 5 years experience with object oriented programming languages (Java, C#). Any other relevant languages (Groovy/Grails, Python, RoR) is a plus.
- 7 years experience with Enterprise Java (JEE or Spring, Hibernate) or .NET architectures is preferred.
- 5 years experience developing and troubleshooting complex web-based N-tier enterprise applications that run in mixed operating system environments preferred.
- 5 years experience developing applications utilizing one or more of the following web services technologies: JSON-RPC, JSON-WSP, Web Services Description Language (WSDL), REST, RPC, or XML.
- 2 year development experience utilizing distributed processing solutions (e.g. Hadoop), distributed storage solutions (e.g. Cassandra, HBase), real-time and post analytics processing architectures, application server platforms, clustered infrastructures, distributed queuing technologies (e.g Kafka, Kestrel, RabbitMQ), and distributed caching (e.g. memcached, Riak).
- Experience with accelerators (e.g. Varnish, Squid) a plus.
- Technical knowledge and implementation experience using common cloud architecture, enabling components, and deployment platforms (such as JMS, Kafka, J2EE, Storm, Gearman, Infrastructure as a service, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited college or university (four years relevant work experience may be substituted for education). 4 to 8 years developing large-scale, enterprise-wide, complex information technology initiatives, at both an infrastructure and an application level.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.