Senior Software Engineer - Applications Development - Java/Spring/Hibernate (6-8 yrs)
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reporting To: IT Development Manager
Staff Reporting: 0
SHL helps organizations assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data and offer support to clients across the entire employee life cycle, engaging HR and leaders from Finance, IT, Sales and other organizational teams. As a result, we help executives improve business performance by realizing the value and potential of people. For more details please log on to www.shl.com
About Talent Central :
Talent Central is our world-class talent assessment portal that provides you with powerful insights on your people through an engaging user experience. Talent Central delivers our talent assessment data through a single, powerful access point and drives improved business performance outcomes through more efficient decision making and talent program management. For more details please log on to www.shl.com/en/talentcentral/
Role Overview :
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of a complex project module.
- You should have good experience in application of standard software development principles.
- You should be able to work as an independent team member, capable of applying judgment to plan and execute your tasks.
- You should be able to respond to technical queries/requests from team members and customers.
- You should be able to coach, guide and mentor junior members in the team.
- Should have 6-8 years of experience
- Thorough understanding of OO concepts & its application in development.
- You should have previously worked in the position as a Java/Web Developer developing web site/applications
- Hands-on with spring 3.0 +
- Hands-on with Hibernate / JPA
- Hands-on with AOP
- Hands-on with SQL Server
- Hands-on with REST Services
- Must have worked on one application or Web server like Glassfish, Tomcat
- Experience with RDBMS database SQL Server 2012 or later, Knowledge of Oracle/My SQL will be add-ons.
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of distributed version control systems like Git.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps technologies and processes related to cloud solutions.
- Good hands on experience in using cloud based development platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Strong analytical skills.
- 4+ year of working experience on live product.
Good to have Skills :
- Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
- Create logical data structures, Coding, and Apply best practices/ design patterns of coding
- Product / application development, and knowledge of SDLC of multiple products/applications
- Responsible for and produces complete, quality deliverables
- Adherence and compliance to Project/organization processes and standards
- A good team player and have strong communication skills.
- Can be able handle a team of 2-3 players
- Willing to work in agile work environment through test driven development, continuous integration