Recruitment Manager at The Modern Dimension
Views:1533 Applications:184 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Java/Python (5-10 yrs)
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
About Jivox :
Jivox is the leader in personalized digital advertising and marketing. Jivox delivers the platform that provides a unique facility to create and run personalized advertisement driven by insights. With our unique ability to correlate user and contextual data, the Jivox IQ platform creates personalized digital ads in real time - customized to the individual - by dynamically generating thousands of creative and messaging variations at scale.
Jivox platform is designed for extreme personalization and to operate at very high scale, where it crunches multi terabytes of insight data every day and make it available for real time use. Jivox platform enable users to combine its personalization capability with highly interactive rich-media ad, generating more than 30 billion events every month. Jivox helps several enterprises like Microsoft, Sony, BestBuy, WPP, and many more to run successful targeted ad campaigns. Jivox has offices in San Mateo, New York, Bangalore and London.
Job Summary :
We- re hiring a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineers to join us. This position will work directly with our engineering team to evolve our large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong Site Reliability Engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and who are enthusiastic about building new technologies. This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas, including making contributions to our data and data science initiatives.
Site Reliability Engineers are hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, automation, and other issues related to 'keeping the lights on' in Jivox's foundation. SREs are integrated within the infrastructure team, and we're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing infrastructure software, maintaining it, and scaling it.
- Work alongside extremely accomplished Engineers on a truly hard problem: scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute system.
- Write software, from system automation to network services, to scale our platform.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new system layers utilizing a first-principles understanding of high complexity compute environments.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
- Capacity planning and management
- You will drive the company through - Disaster Recovery Tests, where we manually turn down pieces of infrastructure to test Jivox's overall resiliency to failures
Our ideal Site Reliability Engineer will have :
- Extremely strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- You are willing to carry the pager- but strive to build a system reliable enough that you don't get paged.
- Strong programming skills (Java / Python / Shell scripting / Ruby). Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. A formal CS degree is not required.
- Prior experience working alongside an Engineering team developing and supporting a complicated technical product.
- Fundamental understanding of - NIX systems.
- Strong networking troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience on a large LAMP stack implementation, as well as Java based microservices.
- Prior experience supporting an Internet facing application at scale. Think scale at Petabytes, 100s of nodes, Terabytes per day of content served.
- Prior experience (atleast 5 years) with a Cloud infrastructure service provider (AWS, Azure, GCP). Certification at the level of Solution Architect in AWS or equivalent required.
- Prior experience with container technologies like Docker and resource managers like Kubernetes / Mesosphere Marathon.
- Prior experience with time-series based monitoring / observability systems like Nagios, Wavefront, Datadog as well as Indexing systems like ELK.
- Prior experience with high performance networks.
Bonus Points for :
- Experience with Advertising platforms
- Experience with mobile applications
- Experience in working in SaaS company