Co Founder at Nirantharam Global Services
Views:105 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer - ElasticSearch (4-8 yrs)
Job Responsibilities :
- Work closely with product teams designing features that can scale with the company
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve existing architecture and define new architecture patterns, and to research and implement tools and processes that enhance quality and increase productivity.
- Extract security features from a Ruby on Rails monolith into highly available fault tolerant services.
- Make architectural and security decisions, balanced by the reality of working in a SaaS environment.
- A passion for writing code that is clean, maintainable and testable( RSpec or other automated test tools)
- Strong experience in Object Oriented Programming, unit testing, integration testing, and test driven development
- Developing features from start to finish, refactoring legacy code to increase stability and performance, with continual testing for reliability.
Job Requirements :
- 4+ years Rails experience in a production environment working on challenging problems in complex Ruby on Rails applications and Ruby gems
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, Monitoring tools (New relic/TICK)
- Explain overall solutions to the technical architect and development team
- Experienced with Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks
- Have broad, operational knowledge of application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web applications in a highly available and scalable environment
- Define, refine and ensure implementations meet Non-Functional Requirements
Must Haves :
- Capable of seeing projects through from conception to completion
- Understands the big picture and where we will hit limitations
- Able to build new features, add enhancements, or optimizations while maintaining backward compatibility
- Comfortable with implementing tests (not necessarily TDD, but tested at some point during the process)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage yourself and your time responsibly
Nice to Have :
- Knowledge and interest around Big Data and data engineering
- Experience with cross functional teams, using agile, kanban or other modern development methodologies
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and build automation principles
- Working knowledge of React and Apollo
- Experience with GraphQL
- DevOps/server management using tools like Chef, Ansible, Capistrano, Kubernetes, docker etc
- Strong understanding of common security vulnerabilities in web applications.
- Have experience in Angular, React etc.
Academic Qualification : Engineering Degree / Engineering PG in Computer Science from an Institution of high repute in India or abroad.