Recruiter at iMind Your Business
Views:215 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Senior Product Engineer - Java/Python (2-7 yrs)
We are looking for a Senior / Lead Product Engineer - for a $ 10M series B funded Gaming platform company located near Koramangala, Bangalore.
We are into gaming DNA, but we have evolved into a platform company. Means we offer gaming experience to our users. Our product and engineering teams are building a platform in native android, systems and APIs in Golang / Postgres / Redis etc. Our product engineering team today concentrates on developing platform features such as leaderboards, wallets, tournament scheduling systems, interactive livestream experiences and so on.
While we don't plan to make a MOBA anytime soon, you will get amazing exposure to full-stack native mobile application development in an environment that places tremendous amount of focus on contributing to backend as well as front-end at all levels of experience.
- Backend system development : Writing edge as-well-as core microservices, such as, for Over-the-air content delivery, Leaderboards, Wallets, Feed, Friends, Presence etc.
- Backend infrastructure development : Load testing, Container and node orchestration and automation, Observability and trace tools, Infrastructure cost optimization and so on.
- Android application development : Creating Screens and navigation flows. Adding notifications and deep linking. Social Login, Invite, Referral and so on.
- Multiplayer system development : Matchmaking, Shared game state signalling, Audio chat, Video chat, Live Streaming, Bots and so on.
- Data Engineering : We are working on applications and systems that will use data science primitives. We aren't a data science company at our core which will build a research team of scientists who train models and generate piecemeal incremental improvements for our bottom line. We expect engineering applications that apply data science tools to achieve use cases such as
- Finding abusive behaviour in a video chat
- Modulating video parameters based on ambient noise / network conditions
- Predicting churn and ensuring that users will stay by pitching offers to them
- Automating customer support emails / chat
- Optimising revenue versus churn probability via running large number of experiments simultaneously (which is not possible by humans)
- Web scraping and presentation for easing content production
- Matchmaking new users to veterans (and measuring impact on churn)
What we are looking for :
- Relevant experience : 2-6 years of experience building online mobile applications and services
- Experience with application and system development in a relevant domain
- Authority over one or more object-oriented modern programming languages
- Strong computer science fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Strong design fundamentals. Ability to independently break down complex real-world problems without needing help.
- Strong system design fundamentals. Ability to identify and drive requirements in server side as-well-as client side for building features.
- Solid mentoring and team organisation skills
- Ability to take charge of delivering multiple efforts. You have the leadership quality of guiding and inspiring everyone in the team.
- Prior experience of interacting with product managers and business stakeholders directly
- A deep sense of ownership and collaboration - take initiative to communicate and clarify, breakdown tasks, burn-down task lists, work hard, learn and unlearn
- Great written and oral communication skill - write design documents, constructively comment on code reviews, pair with design and test teams to tackle technical unknowns
- You have debugged performance bottlenecks in mobile applications and fixed them.
- You don't need a DevOps guy to setup your server.
- Experience with H5 game engines.
- Experience working in teams building microservices.
- Experience managing a few direct reports.
- Experience at an online consumer or entertainment company.
About the Engineering team :
Engineering team closely works with the product team to achieve the overall outcome. Our engineers own their impact end-to-end. While solving key technical & scaling challenges, they contribute to the overall roadmap, enabling product experiments, turnkey deliverables and more. Our user feedback loop is immediate, which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. High interaction with cross-functional peers.
- We love versatility in our engineers. Jack of all trades, master of none is often better than master of one.
- Communication and collaboration across the organization are as important as an engineer's execution and delivery.
- We believe that the best engineers write simple codes for complex problems.
- We focus on details before deliverables. Premature execution is the root of all scope creep!
Tech Stack :