Technical Recruiter at Career Makers
Views:16622 Applications:839 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:245
Senior Manager Research Scientist - Machine Learning (12-18 yrs)
The Sr Manager, Research Scientist will lead our solution strategies for a wide range of vehicle routing problems including capacity constrained vehicle routing problems with time windows for deliveries and pickups, dynamic rerouting to cope with disruptions, and scheduling and routing of line haul trucks across the transportation network.
Basic Qualifications :
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field with publications in refereed academic journals.
- At least 12 to 15 years of experience in solving complicated optimization and machine learning problems for transportation networks or analogous disciplines developing a strategy for large-scale networks.
- Experience designing and implementing transportation optimization models with focus on volume and route planning and re-planning; labor and facilities planning.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience. Experience applying these skills in both academic teaching environment and a business setting is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills for presenting business cases and to document the models and analysis and present the results/conclusions in order to influence important decisions.
- A working knowledge of smooth and non-smooth optimization methods accompanied by associated expertise in the use of tools and the latest technology (e.g. CPLEX, Gurobi, XPRESS).
- A working knowledge of exact, approximation algorithms, and heuristic methods for solving difficult optimization problems like vehicle routing and network design problems.
- The ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages (e.g. AMPL, Mosel, R, Matlab).
- Experience prototyping and developing software in traditional programming languages (C++, Java, Clojure, Python).
- Familiarity with SQL and experience with very large-scale data. The ability to manipulate data by writing scripts (Perl, Ruby, Groovy) a plus.
- Statistical analysis, machine learning and data-modeling in a database environment a plus
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others