Recruiter at CrossTab IT Consulting
Views:23 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Senior Java Developer - Spring/Microservices Architecture (5-8 yrs)
(Immediate joiners required)
About Client :
A Startup with an ambitious goal to bring big data to a very traditional industry, ripe for disruption- Insurance. They have built a piece of software that uses big data and machine learning to help insurers apply new way of thinking, starting with a focus on commercial marine and motor insurers.
Key responsibilities :
- Knowledge of the Java stack - Spring, Apache libraries and common open source frameworks
- Able to adopt and understand new technologies and utilise them efficiently
- Passionate about code quality and readability
- Work with Product team to understand the product requirements and help resolve ambiguity and edge cases and translate these user requirements into high level tech tasks which can be picked by other engineers in team.
- Write code for some complex modules and work closely with team to solve tricky or hard to identify/solve issues.
- Do regular code reviews and establish effective processes to ensure the code quality is always high.
- Able to adopt new technologies and approaches wherever they can add value.
- Create and own NFR roadmap of the product and work with product team to get these prioritized in healthy way.
Required Skills :
- 6 years + of solid commercial development experience in Java and other open stack
- Expert Knowledge of the Java stack - Spring, Apache libraries and common open source frameworks.
- REST, API design, API Strategy, Semantic richness of APIs & microservices with good exposure to GraphQL.
- Strong understanding of Linux distributions, Experience with data structures and algorithms, processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Security aware at all stages of the development process.
- Comprehensive automated testing experience with continuous integration and Continuous delivery pipelines.
- Passionate about code quality and readability. Have proven track records around Thinking big, bias for action and insist on highest standards.
The skills we're also interested in :
- Distributed cloud based systems, services and architecture, AWS & cloud platforms
- M2M experience
- NoSQL experience, columnar/document databases
- Data mining experience
- API integration experience