Recruiter at Strategic Placements & HR Services
Views:101 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Firmware Development Engineer - SoC Stroage Devices (6-9 yrs)
As a Firmware Development Engineer, you will join a team of professionals in developing software and real-time firmware solutions for state-of-art System-on- Chip (SoC) storage devices with embedded MIPS processors. Reporting to the Manager of Firmware Development, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate as a member of the team in the technical analysis and integration of storage software involving SATA/SAS/NVMe RAID controller technologies.
- Program MIPS processors using C and assembly language to implement core software/firmware components as well as device drivers.
- Work directly with customers in the development of their software solutions using company devices and software/firmware components.
- Work in collaboration with other company sites to design solutions and resolve customer issues.
- Participate in detailed design and code reviews of implementations by team.
- Sustain current product and guide next generation product to production.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex software problems in embedded real-time systems.
- Analyze software performance (d-cache and i-cache hit/miss rates, cycle counts, etc.) of firmware.
- Write comprehensive engineering documentation.
- Present technical information to teams of engineers and technical marketing personnel.
- Bachelor's or Master's technical degree in Computer Science, IT, Electronics.
- Software/firmware system development in real-time embedded systems, or demonstrated comparable experience.
Core business competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function and thrive in a team environment as well as an individual contributor, with a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to work efficiently with multi-site teams.
- Detailed working knowledge of software/firmware design and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, design, implement and document complex firmware systems.
- Demonstrated ability to complete software product development, e.g. through commercial release.
- Capable of working with customers and technology partners in architecture development.
- Proficient programmer in C and assembly for embedded devices.
- Knowledgeable in use of tool chains and debug tools.
- Effective communicator of technical ideas using verbal as well as written skills
- Works well in a team and as well within the various group - Board-solutions, FW/SW development and QA-Test/Automation.
- Customer support for Data Center and Server OEM and ODMs.
- Willingness to set and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, sets personal goals, and achieves goals without supervision.
- Knowledge of PCIe Architecture.
- Experience with one or more storage protocols such as SOP/PQI/FC/iSCSI/SAS/SATA/SCSI/NVMe.