HR Recruiter at DataGroup Geospatial Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:875 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:95
Senior Engineering Manager - Java/J2EE (12-15 yrs)
Senior Engineering Manager - L5
CTC - 40 to 50 lpa
Location - Bangalore Experience - 12 - 15 Years
Technology - IT & Systems
About Company (5001 - 10000 employees) Vacancy : 1
Job Description :
Role : Senior Manager - Development - Java
Reporting to : Director Priority : High Business impact: High
Direct reportees : Yes Major responsibilities :
- You will have the complete bottom line for ensuring high quality, on-time delivery of product enhancements in a fast paced environment
- Work closely with development managers and developers to architect and design the best technical designs and deliver very high quality code. You should be willing to roll up your sleeves as and when required and help your team as and when the situation demands
- Analyse the current solution stack, proactively identify architecture improvement opportunities, prepare proposals & prototypes and actively build the features for increased production stability and reduce manual maintenance effort
- Be responsible for building architecture and shopping & pricing competency in the team
- Dev manager should be an thought leader & self-driven person who can spot opportunities for functional & architecture changes and willing to rollup sleeves and help team members work on product specifications and design
- Build a vibrant, positively motivated team having a high sense of urgency; set the bar high and provide necessary support and mentoring to managers and team members to achieve it
- Advocate planning and continuous improvement. Set and communicate clear and aligned goals, monitors progress and ensures leaders in own organization do the same.
- Sponsor continuous improvement and elimination of non-value added work. Embrace values and implement diverse perspectives and ideas
- Develop and communicate logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learnt that build commitment and support for one's perspectives and initiatives
- Actively monitor dependencies in a distributed application landscape and work with stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are resolved in a timely fashion
- Actively monitor deliverables in a distributed application landscape across multiple projects and align stakeholders on the impact of their deliverables on other teams and help expedite delivery
- Weekly status reporting, ensuring delivery per budget Relevant job experience:
Relevant job experience :
- Extensive experience working in a distributed product development environment
- Should have excellent technical knowledge of distributed platforms acquired via hands on experience.
- Extremely strong in one technology area (Java, J2EE) and having technical width on multiple areas
- Should have exposure to complete product development lifecycle including production support
- Should have prior experience working with product management to prioritize roadmap items for delivery
- Should have cross functional expertise and hands on experience as a developer, architect, business analyst and team lead on complex technology projects (Java, J2EE)
- Should have worked in cross functional teams (product management, development, QA, customers), understand team dynamics and priorities of each functional stakeholder and work with them to meet the deadlines
- Should have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Should be assertive, able to resolve conflicts and gain consensus in a cross functional team
- Past experience with working on agile teams, scrum master, PMI-ACP certification is a plus
- Knowledge of travel domain is a plus
Skills / Competencies :
- Strong technical skills with hands on experience in architecting and leading teams building enterprise products.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands on experience with object oriented design (Java, J2EE) to be able to work effectively with engineering managers
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems design
- Strong interpersonal,communication and presentation skills
- Stakeholder management in a functional organization; ability to work under pressure, negotiate and reach consensus
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles and adversity.
- Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges & responsibility
- Create strategies for own organization that align with the division's strategies and lead to the achievement of business outcomes.
- Identify and pursue initiatives and opportunities that fit and support division strategies
- Builds and sustains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational and geographic boundaries to achieve goals
- Builds positively motivated teams. Develops talent and replacement plan for own organization that increase efficiency and build diversity. Creates an environment where team members are held accountable for their area of responsibility.
- Mentors, guides and sponsors development of key talent.
Skills : Must have Enterprise Application development, J2EE, Product Company, Team Management
Qualifications : Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology, Masters of Engineering/ Masters of Technology Working Days
5 Days a week
Job Nature : Full Time