Senior Engineer - Cloud Network & Security (4-10 yrs)
Job Title: Senior Engineer (Cloud Network and Security Engineer)
Reporting To: IT Operations Lead
Staff Reporting: 0
SHL helps organizations assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data and offer support to clients across the entire employee life cycle, engaging HR and leaders from Finance, IT, Sales and other organizational teams. As a result, we help executives improve business performance by realizing the value and potential of people. For more details please log on to www.shl.com.
Role Overview :
- This role will be responsible for providing guidance and support of security systems in cloud first environment. The ideal candidate will balance technical proficiency with an innovative and iterative approach to security systems while working as part of a highly technical global team.
Job Responsibilities :
- Ensure 24x7 operations of mission-critical Security systems
- Contribute to planning, design and implementation of new network & security systems to be submitted to leadership for approval.
- Monitor Network & Security systems performance, implement changes and apply new patches and upgrades when required
- Minimize security systems downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Determine, enforce and document network & Security policies, procedures and standards
- Identify and resolve performance problems with Network & Security systems, collaborating with other infrastructure teams as necessary.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation.
- Carry out detailed RCAs for IT security incidents
- Attend weekly Change advisory board and problem board meeting.
Skills Required :
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong skills in following Network & Security technologies : Cisco routing & switching, SDWAN technologies (Ideally VeloCloud), Zscaler Cloud proxy, Cisco Meraki wireless.
- Desired skills in following areas : Cloud integration experience, scripting experience (YAML or JSON), Linux administration, Familiarity with SaaS systems, PRTG or Solarwinds monitoring experience, Cloud Hosted IP telephony.
- Strong analytical, project management and technical problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of systems infrastructure technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - customers contact us via calls, chats, and email.
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skill
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
- Comfortable in an evolving, ever changing environment.
- Security systems troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Experienced setting up monitoring / alarming for production Security systems
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Experience supporting full application stacks in a 24- 7 transactional environment
- Performs other duties as required.
What SHL Can Offer You :
- A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
- The ability to engage, influence, and impact a broad array of the world's leading executives.