Recruiter at talent solution
Views:235 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Senior DevOps Engineer - Configuration Management Tools (5-8 yrs)
- Primary focus for the role is to transform development processes for existing applications software development into a Continuous Delivery-driven SDLC, influencing and educating development and QA teams to adjust working practices in alignment with modern day software development and delivery approaches (CI, CD, AWS).
- As a part of a DevOps team, the role is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining automation processes needed to build and deploy software components in AWS cloud.
- The role also assumes small degree of incident management for any issue at any stage of the software development life cycle.
Key Responsibilities :
- Software delivery automation (CD, CI)
- Promotion and evangelization of DevOps best practices (CI, CD, automated testing, branching strategy, decoupling, etc- )
- Simplification and improvement of software delivery/release processes
- Support existing development processes
- Support cloud-based solutions by building and managing infrastructures in AWS
- Participate in services and software systems design
- Monitor and fix issues identified or reported
- Minor development for intenal services and automation needs
- Plan, coordinate and implement changes to maintained software configurations and installations
- Interactions with development teams for task scheduling, clarification and implementation
- Participation in deployment processes (development and testing)
- Editing and maintenance of documentation for software architectures and automation processes
- Be part of the L2 production support team
Must haves :
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Systems Administrator/DevOps supporting development teams
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, patching, releases and software development at scale
- Strong scripting skills in one or any combination of bash, python, perl, ruby
- Good understanding of the mechanisms of Web-environment architectures approaches
- Strong knowledge of cloud providers offering, AWS in particular
- Good knowledge of a configuration management tool like Ansible, Packer.
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery approaches
- Strong practical knowledge of CI Tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Good understanding of enterprise standards and enterprise building principles
Should haves :
- BSc/MSc degree in the field of computer science is preferred, otherwise equivalent experience is expected
- In-depth knowledge in Linux OS
- Basic knowledge on software delivery orchestration tools like Spinnaker, GoCD, Jenkins Pipelines, Nolio, IBM UberCode.
- Theoretical and practical skills in Web-environments based on Java technologies, e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, Jboss
Nice to haves :
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure orchestration tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Good understanding of enterprise search technologies, such as Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr is a plus