Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure - Startup (4-10 yrs)
The employer is a dockless scooter rental company which lets customers rent scooters for short one-way trips. The employer is changing the lives of people in Bangalore and Hyderabad by developing the fastest way to commute in these cities. They are expanding & growing as fast as OLA/UBER did back in the days.
They recently raised a series C round of $100M. They are backed by very renowned investors.
Your key responsibilities include :
- Solve complex Cloud Infrastructure problems.
- Drive DevOps culture in the tech organization by working with engineering and product teams.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to developers and help them architect scalable, robust, and highly-available systems.
- Frequently collaborate with developers to help them learn how to run and maintain systems in production.
- Drive a culture of CI/CD. Find bottlenecks in the software delivery pipeline. Fix bottlenecks with developers to help them deliver working software faster. Develop and maintain infrastructure solutions for automation, alerting, monitoring, and agility.
- Evaluate cutting edge technologies and build PoCs, feasibility reports, and implementation strategies.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Work with engineering teams to identify and remove infrastructure bottlenecks enabling them to move fast.
(In simple words you'll be a bridge between tech, operations & product)
You need to have a few skills & qualifications like :
- B.Tech. / B.E. degree in Computer Science or equivalent software engineering degree / experience.
- You need to have 4-6 years of DevOps & Automation experience. Need to have a decent understanding of cloud platforms.
- You need to have strong programming experience in one or more languages like Python, Go, etc.
- Need to be an expert with Git or similar version control systems.
- Deep understanding of at least one open-source distributed systems (Kafka, Redis, etc)
- Ownership attitude is a must.
If you think you are fit for the role, then feel free to apply. Don't forget to refer this to your friends. The employer wants to have Justice League or Team Avengers instead of Batman or Iron Man.