Talent Detective at Hiringstack
Views:284 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Senior Development Manager - Distributed Systems (9-16 yrs)
The successful candidate will :
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a technology team, including setting the technical vision for developing our systems.
- Build and manage great software engineers and tech leaders that are responsible for developing and maintaining software that optimizes our transportation network.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers, managers and other related job roles.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant development and design experience.
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.