HR Consultant at Umana HR Services
Views:1383 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Senior Developer - Media Server (3-16 yrs)
Job Description :
Our client offers a new class of video tools that provide the significant reduction in video file size and bit rate without any perceptible change in video quality for modern day use cases.
Its patent-pending technology is the culmination of years of research in close collaboration with EPFL of Switzerland Their video optimization solutions support both live and on-demand delivery of the highest-quality videos, at the lowest possible bit rate, and can be installed on mobile devices as well as private servers or public clouds.
Role : Senior Developer, Media Server
- Excellent hands-on engineer to work on designing and developing the next generation of media server software.
- A developer in this role is an integral part of a core team of talented software engineers committed to the development of a fast and quality way of video sharing service that will revolutionize the video sharing technology over the internet.
- This role involves a significant contribution to the design and development of server-side components that enables video sharing over the Cloud.
- Good hands-on experience in building high-performance mobile backends on AWS.
- Knowledge of video streaming, transcoding (HLS, RTMP), Media frameworks (FFmpeg, GStreamer), and Media file formats (MP4, m3u8).
- Solid programming experience in C/C++,Python
- Experience in following components is highly desirable :
1. Web Servers : Apache, Nginx
2. Databases : MySql, Redis, MongoDB
3. Python frameworks : Django, Flask
4. Source control : Git
5. Media frameworks : FFmpeg, GStreamer o REST APIs
- Strong understanding of, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multithreading.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Starting from Architecture design to implementation of a real-time video streaming platform to handle the sharing of professional and User Generated Content through Crunch Platform as a Service.
- Strong experience in tackling challenges revolving around video processing (Ingestion, Transcoding, Packaging), distribution and latency
- Scalable infrastructure to handle millions of video upload to Crunch platform from across the globe.
- Proactive in creating a multi-paradigm engineering culture by working with a cross-functional team placed locally and globally.
- Mobile Application Backend development.
- Maintain and extend existing software components developed in the Media Server software.
What You Bring to the Table :
- 5+ years experience in video processing, video streaming, and video distribution, ideally with technical interests and experience outside of video; i.e. database, backend development of mobile application development.
- Experience with Python, node.js, cloud functions etc
- Experience with AWS, Transcoder and Github
- Experience in S3 or other storage / CDN services
- Expert knowledge in video/image compression standards HEVC, VC-1, H.264, h.263, h.265, MPEG4-Part 2, MPEG 2, MPEG 1, JPEG 2000, JPEG
- Some experience with MPEG2 TS and familiar with MPEG DASH
- Use of Agile and Jira tools
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering