Human Resources at Adduri Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:94 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Senior Database Administrator - SQL/PL-SQL (5-10 yrs)
- The Database Administrator's role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Installing and testing new versions of the database management system.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (- metadata- );
- Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans;
- Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and web developers;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team
- Participate in 24 X 7 'on-call' support rotation for Oracle Database systems, products, and services
- Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques
- Ensure standardization of systems implementation, support techniques, adherence to formal processes, change control, best practices, and total quality practices in all activities
- Ensure effective communications to internal customers along with customers outside of the Department
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including Oracle, MySQL
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent knowledge in SQL to Oracle Database migration, configuration, and performance tuning
- Detailed understanding of Oracle Database Server 11g, SQL Server to Oracle migrations, SQL and PL/SQL scripting, SQL performance tuning, UNIX scripting, and RAC
- Knowledge in RMAN & Stored Procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.