Senior Business Analyst/Asst.Manager - Scala/Spark - Big Data (2-5 yrs)
We are seeking talented and passionate Big Data Developers with experience in Spark/Hadoop with a deep understanding of Object-Oriented design and extensive experience in Java, Big Data and Hadoop technologies.
We are looking for expertise in Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Pig and/or Hive with a focus on distributed, highly scalable and high performance computing.
Ideally you will also have experience in Scala and Java and will have worked extensively in Cloud-based environments.
- Build a data platform that enables the business teams at the client to create the products needed by our clients
- Ensuring high quality though out the development process
- Collective ownership of a cloud based platform using big data technologies
- Actively look for ways to make things better
- You have a passion for writing good code
- Must be able to articulate benefits of Big Data
- Hands Spark is a must have
- Java/Scala are great plus
- Hands on experience with Hadoop ecosystem: MapReduce, Pig, Hbase, Hive, JavaMR etc.
- Distributed Applications
- Data Modelling/KeySpace definition
- Consulting on Big Data projects: Proof Of Concepts, implementation, delivery
- Experience building large scale distributed data processing systems/applications or large scale internet systems
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong understanding of relational and multi-dimensional data design and reporting
- Unit testing frameworks and functional testing frameworks
- Experience in Requirements Engineering, Solution Architecture, Design, Development and Deployment
- Data Visualisation skills
- Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Experience SAS