Talent Acquisition at Scapic
Views:108 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Role : Frontend UI Engineer
Required experience : 1+ years
About Scapic :
- Scapic lets people create, share and explore immersive experiences. We're a platform for building Virtual/Augmented/ Mixed Reality content easily. You'll be at the center of the VR / AR ecosystem.
- Create: Scapic's drag-and-drop editor makes it trivially simple to build immersive experiences from scratch in minutes. We call these experiences as Scapes
- Share: Scapic is entirely built on the cloud. You can simply preview and share your Scapes as a URL. You can view a Scape right from your web browser and allow others to instantly jump into your experiences.
- Explore: Learn, suspend, tread, be. Be immersed in spheres of visuals. Move through content that surrounds you in the real world, or move through completely new virtual worlds.
- This means you can design an Immersive Experience (VR/AR/MR) in the same amount of time it takes to make a presentation in Powerpoint or pen a blog. People can now create experiences in hours - not days, weeks or months. We believe in the Open Internet, and envision a future where the web is an immersive one.
- As one of the fastest growing VR, AR startups in Asia, Scapic is a firm on a mission to build the immersive web of tomorrow. This mission runs through the heart of the organization- it's reflected in our work, our values and in our culture.
At Scapic, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged, and learning is shared freely. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a start-up, with a culture that is fast-paced and risk-taking. We achieve more as a team than alone and are always looking for great people who will strengthen our team and drive our mission forwards.
Who we're looking for?
- We look for people who have a lifelong commitment to learning and are passionate about being part of creating the future of technology. We like innovators, entrepreneurial thinkers, people who are capable of thinking outside the box, leading and making key decisions.
- We drive ourselves, and inspire each other, to push boundaries and achieve ambitious goals. We value diversity of experience, knowledge, background and perspective and harness these to spot connections, solve problems and make extraordinary impact.
Awards & Recognitions :
- #Tech30 - The top 30 Startups in India, selected by YourStory and announced in TechSparks 2018
- Winner in "Building For Tomorrow" Category in Facebook's India Startup Day Awards
- Recognised as the top startup in India in the VR/AR space by the School of Innovation, Facebook.
- Selected as an innovative startup by Karnataka government under their Elevate-100 programme
- Recognition by the Wharton India Economic forum as one of the top 20 innovative startups in India
About The Role :
- At Scapic, we consider design as a craft, culture, and way of thinking. As a UI Engineer, you'll build the technical foundation to create an extraordinary user experience across our web and mobile platforms.
- In this role, you will be responsible for creating UI components for both 2D and 3D mediums by taking Interaction, Motion, UX, and other Design disciplines into consideration.
- You will partner with roles that spread across different disciplines, such as Product, Sales and Engineering to help translate specs and requirements into scalable, visual solutions.
- Brownie points to you if you are a pixel-perfectionist. With eyes focused on the future, you will help build the immersive web of tomorrow as you play a key role in shaping Scapic's next game changer.
Requirements, Roles & Responsibilities :
The ideal candidate should have :
- Familiarity with writing Vanilla CSS (CSS3)
- A good understanding of layouting on the web (Table, Flex, CSS Grid)
- An understanding of choosing a layouting system based on the situation (Table, Flex or Grid)
- Understanding of how to work with SCSS and its benefits
- Worked with keyframe and transition based animations
- Worked with transforms - position, scale, rotation, (perspective)
- Understanding of positioning of elements such as absolute and relative
- Worked with ES5 and ES6 JS concepts
- Understanding of basic DOM modification concepts such as querySelector, getElementById, classList
- Worked with Deeply Nested Objects and familiarity with Mutability
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or any other visual design and wire-framing tools preferred
- Understanding of responsive design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Be aware of Basic JS concepts - Lower Level Concepts, preferable React.js
- Worked with HTML5
- Worked with versioning - Git