Senior Associate at Sapient
Views:2595 Applications:193 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Sapient Global Markets - Sr Associate - Core Java (4-8 yrs)
Sapient global Markets is looking for ramping up its Java Capability and mentioned below are the details of the role
Senior Associate - Core Java
- Contributes towards a particular module/s (end to end) of work by bringing deep core technology expertise and relevant business subject matter expertise to the table.
- Interacts with a set of clients (client senior developers and architects) to create technology specifications from business requirements for one of the modules within the project
- Prepares the technical design of the more complex technology components within the module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data model, integration component, package function customization)
- Assists the architect in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack or component or design pattern versus another to the clients and project team and drives selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture
- Drives the performance tuning, re-design and re-factoring for a module
- Contributes to designing and implementing the build, release process as well as system configuration and deployment characteristics of the application
- Implements (hands-on) the module components based on Sapient and industry best practices.
- Mentors the team (people working on the module and other project team members) on technology concepts and the Sapient way and best practices for design, implementation and other processes
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong Development Skills in Java (JDK 1.5 OR 1.6)
- Java 5 Features: Enums, Annotations, Generics, Auto boxing, Loops, Concurrent APIs etc.
- Strong in software development process, test driven development.
- Strong OO design skills/implementation of design patterns.
- Experience with Multithreading/Data Structures and Algorithms is highly preferred (not a mandate though)
- Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams to define and deliver on projects.
- Spring and Hibernate
- Strong experience with J2EE, Core Java (Serialization, Synchronization, Concurrency, Reflection) ,Frameworks/ORM tools (Struts/Springs/Hibernate/toplink/JPA/Ibatis etc), Presentation Layer (JSP/Servlet) , Databases, Build and Release, Systems Integration, Agile, Estimations/Planning, OOPS Concepts, Client Management/Interaction.
- Design Patterns
a. Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
b. Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
c. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
d. Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
e. Ability to prioritize when under pressure
About Sapient Global Markets
Sapient Global Markets, a division of Sapient (NASDAQ:SAPE), is a leading provider of services to today's evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing.
Why should you join Sapient Global Markets?
COME SHATTER THE STATUS QUO IN THE CAPITAL AND COMMODITY MARKETS, LIKE WE DO
You get to build solutions that will put our clients ahead of the game
At Sapient Global Markets, we don't simply help firms, regulators and other market participants better manage change. So you will help them formulate the strategies and build the solutions that will put them ahead of the game.
You get to create innovative solutions that become tomorrow's industry standard
As an expert with Sapient Global Markets you will have the freedom to be creative, add value, and contribute in countless ways for some of the most prominent firms in the financial market, including:
- Most of the largest global investment banks
- Six of the top ten investment managers
- The most influential hedge funds
- Three of the top four integrated oil and gas companies
- The largest utilities in the world
- The most influential central banks and regulators
- A variety of exchanges and clearing houses
You will develop a unique perspective
At Sapient Global Markets, whether you are redesigning operational models, optimizing trading platforms, implementing new technology solutions or redefining processes, you are able to address client needs from concept through delivery-and beyond. And with our unique blend of market insight, breadth of services and deep expertise in the capital and commodities markets, you'll do it in a way that no other services provider can
If you wish to apply for the role , please share your resume.
Sapient Global Markets
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.