Views:98 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
SAP CoE Senior Developer/Team Lead - ABAP/APO Modules (10-13 yrs)
Level : 5
Reports To : SAP CoE Senior Developer Team Lead
company have created a multi-functional Shared Services operation, combining our IS and DBS teams under the name of company Enterprise Operations . The ambition of company Enterprise Operations is to become a World Class provider of Business Shared Services, delivering a brilliant customer experience and freeing our markets to achieve commercial excellence.
Within company , the Business Shared Services function are responsible for delivering an efficient, standardised, compliant and scale-able transaction & analytic service to support market demand while also continuing the drive to create the efficient processes and develop new capabilities.
The SAP Business Analysts and the SAP Developers support the SAP Centre of Excellence (SAP CoE) and the Business Partners of each area who are accountable for the delivery of business strategic change programmes, driving value through common processes and global ways of working across company in a more consistent and efficient manner, maximizing the benefits that SAP tools like ECC, APO or BW bring to the organization.
This role will support the standardisation and automation of the process streams led by DBS and will be responsible for the execution of the technical analysis, build, system test and deployment of Application Changes in SAP.
Significant cross-functional working is required, particularly across IS, Governance, End to End Commercial, Source to Pay, Financial Controlling, Procurement and Supply to continue the great steps forward that have been achieved in recent years.
The SAP Senior Developer will need to work with the SAP Senior BAs across these areas, in addition to DBS and all in market companies, by delivering new solutions and ongoing improvements.
The company SAP Delivery Services Team (DS2) covers a wide range of activities and streams ranging from Order to Cash (which covers SAP SD, Logistics and AR), Source to Pay (which covers SAP MM and AP), Record to Report (which covers SAP FICO), APO, BW, etc.
To enable effective and efficient process operations it is important that functionalities, processes and policies of a region are harmonised with global functionalities, processes and changes in functionalities, processes and policies are rolled out effectively.
We are currently aiming at expanding this team to take in an increased number of SAP changes and projects. Specifically, we are looking into expanding our Technical and Build capabilities in SAP APO.
The role will be involved in end-to-end projects working closely with the rest of the DS2 team, the Process Business Analysts, the SMEs and the Governance teams, the main focus being to lead the technical design and build, and then deployment of the SAP changes in APO with the aim as well of configuring and developing the changes in SAP directly.
The role with work in partnership with the business users and SMEs to enable changes to be seamlessly implemented across the entire process.
a) Financial : This role has very limited direct financial responsibility except for estimates of work effort related to SAP changes.
b) Market Complexity :
The company SAP Design team covers all markets and main streams, working as part of company Enterprise Operations.
The criticality of this role is increasing as we tackle more complex issues and areas of significant process and technical integration. In many cases, the IS component of the project, mostly in SAP, often supports a larger business opportunity.
c) Leadership Responsibilities :
Responsibility within this role spans the technical strategic change requirements for their function/process.
The post holder will be expected to take decisions that are in line with overall technical and solution strategy, but also ensure that the needs of the market/business are clearly met.
company First - ability to see company First perspective in prioritising work and to communicate this with integrity. Role models this mindset so visible to others inside and outside the company Enterprise Operations function.
Consistently deliver great performance - Move effectively between the strategic and operational detail. Stay focused on the priorities and demonstrate rigour and brilliant execution.
Grow yourself - Demonstrate self-awareness and commit to growing your own capabilities.
Stakeholder Management - Build alliance with key stakeholders to gain their confidence and support.
Purpose of Role :
- To lead the technical design and delivery of SAP APO changes
- To participate in current & future projects in SAP APO
- To support, as a secondary activity, the BAU team, the Business Partner or the Project Manager/Programme Director, with technical questions related to SAP APO
- To become a subject matter expert in the technical aspects of SAP APO and if possible S/4 HANA bringing competitive and industry best practise analysis and provide recommendation for specific investment in collaboration with the process experts
- Lead the interactions with external partners working on delivering SAP changes impacting SAP APO which could include technical resources (e.g. coders) and testers
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to the business and project team
- To support continued improvement within the area through innovative solutions and to deliver current efficiency and effectiveness targets by on time, defect free, solutions
Top 5 Accountabilities :
Supervision and delivery of :
1. High Level Definition - estimation of complexity and work required to deliver a given change
2. Technical definition, governance and translation to system requirements - Understand functional requirements and translate them into a technical definition, thus providing solutions for the gaps and match functionality to enable market solutioning and system configuration. Ensure proper documentation is in place according to company standards. Act as a Consultant in process improvement, knowledge base development and change implementation planning if required
3. System governance and configuration - Ensuring that we design and deliver solutions that fit with our Enterprise Architecture and technical roadmaps, both from a design perspective and as the person configuring them
4. Solution Knowledge - builds effective knowledge of all solutions delivered to enable internal ongoing BAU capabilities
5. Security and compliance - make sure that all delivered solutions follow company global security guidelines and controls (e.g. CARM)
Qualifications and Experience Required :
- 10+ years of specific experience and expertise in development of SAP APO and associated functionalities
- Full knowledge of SAP ABAP in SAP APO with knowledge of the main SAP APO modules especially DP and SNP (with PPDS and GATP as pluses)
- Experience in SAP S/4 HANA will be a preferred plus
- Proven ability to design, code, test, debug complex ABAP programming including RICEF, Adobe forms, SAP Script, Smartforms, ABAP Web Dynpro, Object Oriented programming, BADI development, Interfaces and Workflow per specification with minimal guidance
- Good Business Partnering skills
- Experience of working on and delivering projects with multiple partners
- Ability to align and influence multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge and expertise of IT methodologies like Waterfall, PRINCE2 and/or Agile for delivering projects
- Strong Communication skills
Barriers to Success in Role :
- Lack of relevant experience
- Unable to manage multiple concurrent activities and deadlines
- Dislike or discomfort with detail
- Low resilience and inability to operate successfully in a fast moving and often pressurised environment
- Lack of insight and commercial instinct
- Inability to strike the right balance to align global and local requirements
- Need for heavy level of direction
- Inability to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements :
- It is our goal to reach greater flexibility of resources, which we recognise may require a greater level of mobility and travel from some of our teams.
- For this role, we anticipate the percentage of travel to be minimal or none at all, however configuration of the current project portfolio and the location of key stakeholders means that travelling might be required in the future to deliver projects or changes.
- Pattern of travel will in that case be dependent on the needs of the project but the expectation is, as explained, that this will not be required.